Painting/bar Repairs :: Cheap, but not dodgy please!

Tom

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Tom
Drive
New: 2006 BMW 335i M-Sport | Old: 2000 Galant VR4, MY04 STI WRX, 2009 Audi A4 2.7tdi
Hey guys!

I'm looking to put my car up for sale soon, but I just want to get some TLC done to it before putting it up on the market.

The front splitters have copped a beating from my own driveway, as well as other driveways (bastards) so they're in need of a little fix up. As well as realigning the front bar on the front right corner of the car (clips got snapped and a couple of scratches as somebody has also hit me in a carpark).

Also my rear bar needs a spray as well.

So I was wondering if anybody here knows of somebody trust worthy who won't take me for a walk price-wise.

Thanks! Hope word of mouth works a treat.

qball

1 AYC Bar
First Name
David
Drive
1999 White Legnum Type S Cold Spec with Recaros+Sunroof
No idea, but what are you looking at getting next?

M0R81U5

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Mick
Drive
PFL Legnum
Tom, try Katherine St Smash Repairs in Leichhardt. They have sorted out many many of my wife's.....misjudgements. They owner is mates with my father-in-law too, so I can ask him to look after you a bit.

Tom

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Tom
Drive
New: 2006 BMW 335i M-Sport | Old: 2000 Galant VR4, MY04 STI WRX, 2009 Audi A4 2.7tdi
Ernz I'm in Ryde in Sydney.

Mick, that would rock so much! :)

Others, I want to go Euro. So thinking Golf, Audi A4, BMW, etc. Hoping on going to start shopping, budgeting, test driving, etc soon :)

Tom

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Tom
Drive
Damn this being $50k, want!

http://www.carsales.com.au/private/details/audi-a4-2009-11116758?cr=2

I do more "daily" driving than hooning, it's fun having power as you please. But I am quite over it. So I want something luxury, something cruisey. And I really really like the new A4's.

Apparently the 2L Turbo Diesel goes better than the 2L Turbo, more torque and such?
So they're a good size, pack a little bit of a hit if needed, and look so good.
But I have to drive one first, to see how I like it. Maybe it'll feel crap, sluggish and sloppy! Or maybe it'll feel good and right. Never know, I contacted a dealership to organise a test drive of one soon.

Here is one:
http://www.carsales.com.au/private/details/audi-a4-2009-11872998?cr=1

VOLK

Stabbin' technique!
First Name
Joey T
Drive
13 RA Lancer Hackzilla
VWAG TDi is a smart buy, their diesel + dsg box combo is a winner. Mate has a tdi Passat Wagon with $2k factory option tune (more boost etc) and for a diesel, it's really quite surprising. I'd buy one.

king_panther

Gettin' tanked
First Name
Brad
Drive
2012 VW Caddy 1.6TDI 7-Speed DSG. Still crappy DSG.....
VWAG TDi is a smart buy, their diesel + dsg box combo is a winner.

As someone who has to put up with a Caddy 1.9TDI + DSG, I'll never buy or recommend a VW at all anymore. Plus my dealing with their service department seals that deal.
Haven't looked up where they're built, but they are so shoddy. Always something going wrong.

mookers

puri puri
First Name
Derek
Drive
CL9 Accord Euro Lux, GE Jazz VTi, Evil Supervillain Chair, Homemade Portable Square Drumkit
Another one to add to your research: My wife had a Jetta TFSI with a DSG and it was superb. We had no issues with the DSG, unlike poor Brad there.

However, I can vouch for the ineptitude of at least one VW dealer service department. Surely they can't ALL be that bad?

Tom

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Tom
Drive
My work mate has a Golf GTI with the DSG and he has no complaints with it, there is another guy in the building I've talked to who had a R32 with DSG and a APS Supercharger pushing 240kw atw. Now he has a Golf R which he is modifying, with DSG too. No complaints there lol.

I've considered the Jetta and Passat. I think the Passat might be a bit big for my liking! The A4 seems to be just the right size of car for me.

I do like the 3 series BMWs too.

But hey, this could be like the other "I want to buy a new car" threads I've made on this forum, and I end up in something completely different to when I started the thread lol.

mookers

puri puri
First Name
Derek
Drive
CL9 Accord Euro Lux, GE Jazz VTi, Evil Supervillain Chair, Homemade Portable Square Drumkit
I assume you're talking about buying used? The just-released new Jetta is a step backward from the old one - they've enlarged it but stripped it down inside to keep the price low, and softened it up a lot. The old Jetta might be a good size, albeit tight inside the cabin. I really liked the ride/handling combination on our TFSI - not quite Golf GTI but close. The TDI was too soft I thought.

Ernz1981

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Ernz
Drive
1997 Galant VR4
Check out the golf 103TDI, we're picking up one in this week..paid 37k (2011 plate) driveaway with the sports pack....17" wheels, GTI seats, sports suspension, auto parking thingo.

Keep in mind the dsg gearbox costs $500 to service......kinda exxy considering we got a price to service the auto for our 2002 Mercedes C200 for $440

and as for the bumper repairs, try Chon's Motor repairs in Lakemba.

Might be a little far for you though.

Tom

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Tom
Drive
Audi S8 Ronin style Brad? Helllllllll yeah haha! :D

I'm also looking at the Lexus IS250. I've narrowed it down to the Audi A4 2L TDI and Lexus IS250. Booked test drives for both on Saturday, that'll be a decider. If I don't like either then it's off the list, if I don't like both then I'm keeping the STI :)

Also, I considered Golfs, but I want another sedan. I like hatches, but not enough to buy one.

Except for a Golf R, I'd really really like a Golf R haha

Also, apparently you can get the A4 chipped?

M0R81U5

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Mick
Drive
PFL Legnum
Ernz I'm in Ryde in Sydney.

Mick, that would rock so much! :)

Others, I want to go Euro. So thinking Golf, Audi A4, BMW, etc. Hoping on going to start shopping, budgeting, test driving, etc soon :)

Want me to arrange a trip down there? Let me know when you're free

king_panther

Gettin' tanked
First Name
Brad
Drive
2012 VW Caddy 1.6TDI 7-Speed DSG. Still crappy DSG.....
What about a Lexus IS350? 200kw of power. Personally I think you're going to get bored real quick with a TDI.

Get a BMW 750il. Mid/late 90s type. 5.4L V12 :)

Top Bottom