Parts list for doing lifters, injector seals, spark plug tube seals etc

fieldy107

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Chris
Drive
Galant VR4
Hey Fellas,
I want to change my lifters and while I'm at it replace all the seals for injectors, spark plugs, bolts etc. The reason I want to change everything as I have oil in my spark plug tubes and can hear a vac leak coming from my front fuel rail, plus my lifters tick quite a bit.

So here is a list seals, gaskets, O rings etc that can be changed during a lifter change. Down a little further is a list of other parts/tools/supplies that might be needed/helpful when it comes to doing the job.

Here is my parts list:
MD614805 x 6 - Injector seals
MD087060 x 6 - Injector seals
1465A188 x 6 - Injector seals
MD095402 x 1 - fuel rail to manifold spacer (incase I lose any)
MB554317 x 3 - fuel line o ring
MD614756 x 1 - fuel regulator o ring
MD174560 x 2 - rocker cover gasket
MD347006 x 1 - Intake manifold gasket
MD184662 x 1 - throttle body gasket (check part number as not all VR4s have the same)
MD327253 x 18 - bolt seals
MD178940 x 6 - spark plug tube seals
Lifters x 24
Spark Plugs x 6

Optional Parts

MD183547 x 1 - PCV Valve, some people change this, some dont bother
1057A033 x 1 PCV Valve gasket
MD197340 x ? - Bracket that holds spark plug leads together, in case any break

Other Supplies
Conduit in various sizes to replace all the factory conduit that would of fallen to peices.
Electrical Tape
Gasket Sealant - Threebond SS1 (part#SS1-85-BP available from Bursons) for rocker covers
Lifter Tool
Nickel Anti-seize
dielectric grease - cleaning coil packs

If you have any money left after getting all that, I recommend a carton of beer. A few to drink while working and the rest to celebrate getting the job done or to give to your helper.

And for anyone wanting any idea of what it cost to change all these parts, I think I have found the cheapest suppliers for everything and its going to cost about $500 for the main parts and I guess it will end up around $600 once I get all the other little supplies required.

I started a new thread as I thought it may be useful to others wanting to do this, as most of these parts are not found in the parts guide.

mookers

puri puri
First Name
Derek
Drive
CL9 Accord Euro Lux, GE Jazz VTi, Evil Supervillain Chair, Homemade Portable Square Drumkit
Make sure you have the correct throttle body gasket for your car. There are two sizes, I think it's one for manual and one for auto, although PFL / FL might have something to do with that as well.

wil

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Wil
Drive
99 Leggy
As mookers said above! I've recently ordered the following:

1 x Ice Leads
6 x Vk22 spark plugs
1 x MD322990 GASKET,THROTTLE BODY
1 x MD347006 GASKET,ENG AIR INTAKE SURGE TANK
18 x MD327253 - WASHER,ROCKER COVER
6 x MD178940 - GASKET,ROCKER COVER SPARK PLUG HOLE
2 x MD174560 - GASKET,ROCKER COVER
6 x MD087060 - INSULATOR,FUEL INJECTOR
6 x MD614805 - SHEET,FUEL INJECTOR
6 x 1465A188 - O-RING,FUEL INJECTOR

Thought it would be best to do this all, while changing the plugs at the same time. You might want to get some new spark plug leads?
Other minor usefully things:
nickel anti-seize
dielectric grease
wire conduit

fieldy107

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Chris
Drive
Galant VR4
Thanks, looks like I have everything you did plus a bit more. I bought ice leads when I did my last plug change, so they should be ok.

G

Unregistered
As Wil mentioned, multiple sizes of flexible wiring conduit from somewhere like Jaycar, from about 1 inch down. Plus a roll of good brand (3M, Nitto etc) flame-retardant black electrical tape. To fix all the crumbling insulation you will find.

Optionally do the PCV valve at the same time (because it's possible to accidentally push the gasket into the cover so handy to have it removed already if that happens!)

MD183547 VALVE,PCV
1057A033 GASKET,PCV VALVE

And the little plastic cable holders that sit in the rocker cover and keep the cables spaced properly apart. 3 are required, depends how many you plan on breaking. Would be good to at least get one, as they are brittle and always break.

MD197340 CLAMP, SPARK PLUG CABLE

And torque wrench that goes down to 3.5Nm if you can find one, for the rocker cover bolts.

fieldy107

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Chris
Drive
Galant VR4
hmm whats a PCV valve? :)

Never mind, I googled. Siphons exhaust gases out of the crank case and feeds them back into the intake manifold, or catch can in my case.

VOLK

Stabbin' technique!
First Name
Joey T
Drive
13 RA Lancer Hackzilla
Don't forget sealant for corners of rocker gaskets as per workshop manual.

G

Unregistered
Don't forget sealant for corners of rocker gaskets as per workshop manual.

This Threebond SS1 (part# SS1-85-BP) is a good, inexpensive substitute for the rebadged Threebond sealant that Mitsubishi specifies.

Available from Bursons for about $16.. instead of the ~$100 for genuine stuff.

threebond_supersSealer.jpg

fieldy107

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Chris
Drive
Galant VR4
Cool think I have the parts I need sorted. Now I just need the balls to do the job lol.. a little bit worried Ill never get the car put back together properly. Lucky I can call Trev when I get in over my head.

fieldy107

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Chris
Drive
Galant VR4
Yeah whats the worse that could happen right :)

Hoping it will be one of those jobs that people over exaggerate how hard it is. Kind of like plugs, everyone says they are a nightmare but pretty easy if you have tools and time.

mookers

puri puri
First Name
Derek
Drive
CL9 Accord Euro Lux, GE Jazz VTi, Evil Supervillain Chair, Homemade Portable Square Drumkit
Everything's easy if you have (the correct) tools and time... problem is when the correct tool costs $600 and you don't already own it.

Or if you don't have time.

fieldy107

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Chris
Drive
Galant VR4
Can someone please do me a favor and look up the correct throttle body gasket for my car, I have been trying to get ASA working for days and Im at the point where I feel like breaking something. My chassis number is EC5A0002104

fieldy107

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Chris
Drive
Galant VR4
Think I have it all sorted now, thanks for the help. I have updated the first post with a complete list, hopefully others find it useful.

Top Bottom