Pogo pogo pogo bounce

G

Unregistered
5 points if you can name the band... but on with the serious stuff.

I've noticed my car is pogoing (can feel the front of the car gently oscillating) a bit when I'm slowing down at lowish speeds... very annoying now, even my girlfriend has noticed it, from the passenger seat.

Has anyone else experienced this, or the mechanically minded among you have an idea if something's wrong?

When I got the initial inspection done, the mechanic said that it had a worn/cracked bush or something on the front suspension, but not sure if that's related. I can't find the report to verify what it was he said now :-P At the time he said just get it sorted when I get it serviced.

G

Unregistered
sounds like your shocks are cactus...

oh yeah, and SOAD. ;)

Peter_D

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Pete
Drive
Cab Colt & Evo 6
Yeah check the front shocks. Stand just in front of the front wheel (on the side of the car) and push down with all your weight on the panel then release. The car should only bounce 1 and a half times (on standard shocks). If it doesn't stop after that I'd guess that that shockie is gone and needs to be replaced.

G

Unregistered
Sounds like a shock to me too. For $14 or something pedders can do a suspension safety inspection which would be well worth it, they check your bushes and hook it up to their shock absorber tester. Speaking of which I should make a booking for my own car to make sure it's all okay... ;)

naughtika

OzVR4 Stalker
First Name
Christian
Drive
'96 Galant VR4, '17 MB A180, '25 Macan GTS
errr.. i thought he was talking about engine mounts.. my bad..

goodluck in finding a new set.. hope it doesn't set you back too much..

Top Bottom