Police Car Images

mezje

1 AYC Bar
Premium Member
First Name
Maxim
Drive
1998 Galant VR4 Manual
Here are a few images I have saved over the years.

It seems like the Toyota plated one (2-38) is often paraded.

Eo9rCiVU8AETOI1.jpg

Eo9rDC7VoAEdWma.jpg

F_X-9ydawAEaVze.jpg

F_X-9ykbUAARnL2.jpg

F_X-9ynawAAh4g2.jpg

FESOe4vVEAA__WO.jpg

FUU7KGQVUAE8lwQ.jpg

FUU7KGTUYAAPpja.jpg

galant_parade_1.JPG

galant_parade_3.JPG
galant_parade_2.JPG

galant_parade_4.JPG

wow_archives.JPG

RAI'S announcement of their Kanagawa and Kyoto models
rais_prototype.jpg

kc427

Leaving Skid Marks
Lifetime Member
First Name
KC
Drive
VR4
I got the RAI'S already few years ago

ec5a.jpg

mezje

1 AYC Bar
Premium Member
First Name
Maxim
Drive
1998 Galant VR4 Manual

blinkerfluid

Leaving Skid Marks
Premium Member
First Name
Abe
Drive
12 Tacoma
19 GTI
Toyota 800 sa •2-38 was built in the area and is likely a source of local pride. VR4s were made at the Mitsubishi Okazaki Plant, which resides in the Toyota LTO (land and title office) jurisdiction. The irony is not lost on them I assume.

As an aside, if you’re near the Aichi Prefecture, it’s worth the 20min cab ride to see the historical collection in the plant’s museum. Tommy Makanin’s 1999 WRC car was in the main entrance lobby when we arrived. It was 10min to closing and the curator stayed on and gave us a guided tour of their collection. I was encouraged by the nice man to cross the ropes and sit in the passenger seat of the Dakar winning Pajero, was a great experience. The car is still dirty from the race.

Sadly, even though I lived 5min from the Zama plant, where Nissan’s heritage collection lives, the “bubble room” was not yet open to the public. I could only peek though the sometimes open warehouse doors as I’d drive past.

Last edited:

mezje

1 AYC Bar
Premium Member
First Name
Maxim
Drive
1998 Galant VR4 Manual
Toyota 800 sa •2-38 was built in the area and is likely a source of local pride. VR4s were made at the Mitsubishi Okazaki Plant, which resides in the Toyota LTO (land and title office) jurisdiction. The irony is not lost on them I assume.

As an aside, if you’re near the Aichi Prefecture, it’s worth the 20min cab ride to see the historical collection in the plant’s museum. Tommy Makanin’s 1999 WRC car was in the main entrance lobby when we arrived. It was 10min to closing and the curator stayed on and gave us a guided tour of their collection. I was encouraged by the nice man to cross the ropes and sit in the passenger seat of the Dakar winning Pajero, was a great experience. The car is still dirty from the race.

Sadly, even though I lived 5min from the Zama plant, where Nissan’s heritage collection lives, the “bubble room” was not yet open to the public. I could only peek though the sometimes open warehouse doors as I’d drive past.
I know, I have been to the the gallery at the Okazaki plant. I would argue it is still ironic.

IMG_5607.JPG

IMG_5569.JPG

IMG_5625.JPG

IMG_5580.JPG

blinkerfluid

Leaving Skid Marks
Premium Member
First Name
Abe
Drive
12 Tacoma
19 GTI
I was last night years old when I learned the Legnum I bought this autumn was built in the factory I visited in 2007. The universe is strange.

Top Bottom