NSW Possible new Legnum owner

phlanker

Hesitantly Boosting
First Name
Wes
Drive
98 Galant
G'day folks,

Been offered a 96 VR4 Legnum for $4k. Just wondering if anyone knows the car or any history on it.

It's from Forster NSW - though not sure where it was previously, or how long its been up there.

Going to look at it this weekend - has 207,000 km's on the clock - Anything I should be looking for when I go to look at it - appears pretty standard except for FMIC and exhaust (catback)

Rego is BH-32-XG

Would love to hear some thoughts on this :)

Cheers,

Wes.

Attachments

• 11013283_730910447029521_607051153273727645_n.jpg
    11013283_730910447029521_607051153273727645_n.jpg
    75.5 KB · Views: 16
G

Unregistered
Few things to look out for

If it hasn't had the 200km service done be ready to spend $2000-$2500.

Also check to see what the lower control arms are like if they look like that need replacing set aside $800
Is it a auto or manual?

Have a look at the engine mounts with that many km they might need changing soon.

I don't think I've seen that car on the forum
And good luck You will love a vr4 when you get one

phlanker

Hesitantly Boosting
First Name
Wes
Drive
98 Galant
Cheers Gav - Bloke tells me he's done the timing belt, but the water pump is starting to weep.
and she's a 5 speed manual

What needs to be done on the 200,000km service? Im guessing belts, water pump, etc?

mookers

puri puri
First Name
Derek
Drive
CL9 Accord Euro Lux, GE Jazz VTi, Evil Supervillain Chair, Homemade Portable Square Drumkit

Black_Ice

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Aamir
Drive
WRX

phlanker

Hesitantly Boosting
First Name
Wes
Drive
98 Galant
Awesome guys - Thanks.

The new owner pulled out of the sale, and I ended up having a look at and buying @hardhitter78 's Galant. So I'm officially a VR4 man. Always had Yot's in the past - old Z20 / A70 Soraers and Supras.

As a side note - I'm a photographer with Express Media Group and shoot for Performance Garage (hot4's etc etc). I'm thinking about taking the Galant out this arvo for some photos in the Sydney Area - thinking inner west / northern area - I'll pop up a post in "NSW meet ups" now and see if anyone is interested in coming out to say g'day have a yarn and shoot off some photos.

Thanks again for all the info Mookers & Black_Ice :D

EDIT - (Have now just become a Premium Member- have gained more than $10 worth of info in the first 30 seconds on the site :D )

trotty

3 AYC Bars
First Name
Daniel Trotman
Drive
2000 vr4 Legnum 5 sp man
2006 Suzuki Swift Sport 5 sp man
Well come to the exclusive vr4 club lol. U got a good buy with hardhitters car. Shame about the damage. But won't take
Much to fix.

phlanker

Hesitantly Boosting
First Name
Wes
Drive
98 Galant
Word travels fast, lol... yeah... Not complaining about the car for the price. Already started fixing the front end.

Trotty - is that your sticker on the quarter window?? Custom pipeworks? - Was gonna tear it off, but that y-pipe is a masterpiece - if the sticker is your's its staying :D

Top Bottom