possible ST-R in Australia?

unclepaulie

hellatemplate ;)
Lifetime Member
First Name
Paul
Drive
hairdresser spec lancer coupe
told him i had the sedan version and a friend from interstate is keen on it...so thats kinda truthful...

G

Unregistered
Surprisingly I didn't see any STRs in Japan, they were mostly Viento GDIs with a VR-4 thrown in every now and then. I assume they are JDM imports too?

[TUFFTR]

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Paul
Drive
Mitsubishi Magna
That's cool as! Although at $7K good luck, As fantastically clean as it is, I'd prefer the one with turbochargers attached.
Funky looking intake manifold aswell...

formanth

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Anthony
Drive
2001 Legnum
Living here you'd think Id see VR-4's more often . There's a Meister Blue PFL legnum I see in the mornings, a few FL here and there (just saw a black FL legnum yesterday). The numbers actually spotted seem to be close to how they sold- I see way more Legnums being driven than Galants, most are under VR-4 and STR spec ( Viento GDi). I've only seen 2 ST-Rs though.

M0R81U5

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Mick
Drive
PFL Legnum

Black_Ice

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Aamir
Drive
WRX
I was thinking of one for my wife. The Legnum ticks all boxes except fuel economy, so if I could get the same car that got more out of a tank, I'd be winning.

That looks pretty sweet Paulie, thanks for the community service :)
Well couldnt you get a VR4 cheap and remove the turbos??

king_panther

Gettin' tanked
First Name
Brad
Drive
2012 VW Caddy 1.6TDI 7-Speed DSG. Still crappy DSG.....
Grandpa is available to purchase Mick, & cheaper than that ST-R. Get a flashtune from Steve for economy?

[TUFFTR]

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Paul
Drive
Mitsubishi Magna
I was thinking of one for my wife. The Legnum ticks all boxes except fuel economy, so if I could get the same car that got more out of a tank, I'd be winning.

That looks pretty sweet Paulie, thanks for the community service :)
LPG conversion :)

aaron68nz

Hesitantly Boosting
First Name
Aaron
Drive
2001 Legnum series 3 manual
Regarding VR4 fuel economy I have to add my voice to that of Brad's in saying that a flash tune by Steve does wonders. After now almost 9 years of Gen 8 ownership (and 6 years of Gen 6 before that) I have never seen the fuel guage move so shockingly slowly after my flash tune last Saturday.

Requested

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Joshua
Drive
1996 Toyota Soarer GT-L vvti x2, Legnum S2
I have devinately seen an na leggy in Perth. In balcatta

formanth

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Anthony
Drive
2001 Legnum
And a billion Stageas and old Volvo wagons!

Ha! I've lost count as to how many Stageas I've seen. For every VR-4 spotted, I see 20-30+ Stageas.
Chasers, especially Tourer V manuals STILL fetch top dollar at auctions ( even though they're around the same age as our cars ) and to find an original one is rare.

They do like their European models, though. BMW and Mercedes Benz outsell any U.S import by a long margin, which annoys the Americans with their trade grievances, especially when the U.S complains that "it's not fair- how come we buy (import) so many of your vehicles but Japan hardly buys any of ours".
Well, for starters, decide to produce them with the option of RHD. Anyway, perceived quality issues aside, large, thirsty cars don't really sell well in Japan.

Ironically though, there are lots of LHD Euro cars here. There's no rule that forces a buyer to convert to/ buy RHD, I believe.
I'm not sure why having a LHD vehicle in a RHD market is relatively popular here, apart from the status(?) of having a tanned left arm ( woopee doo) and being able to afford something exotic (LHD). Fair enough.
I dunno, if it's something super rare or a mint American muscle car in original condition , sure keep it LHD, as examples of those rare big block '60's and early '70s machines are fetching big dollars these days, but otherwise....

ST-Rs are alright though, less maintenance than ours and less to worry about something going bang (in theory).

Top Bottom