Possibly Painting My Car... hmmm...

Hank Scorpio

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Lachlan
Drive
Mazda JC Cosmo, Mazda FC3C RX7 Convertible
As some of you may know during my car's compliance into Australia Perth suffered it's worst hail storm in recent years. One of it's victims an un-complied un-insured Auction Grade 4 Mitsubishi Legnum VR-4 :(

Finally got around to get a quote to fix the damage the other day - $2,700. Going to get another quote on Tuesday but if it's around the same sort of money I might just take the plunge. Why spend two and a half thousand on body work that will just leave all the existingg paint chips, scratches etc.?

So I have been thinking all week about droppong a little but more on top and re-spraying the whole damn thing.

Now I have two criteria...
1) Must match my new wheels coming from Japan (Gold w/silver dish)
2) Must not be a factory VR-4 colour (seriously, If I'm gonna' spend the cash, be something different!)

Now I was thinking Pearl white but being a factory colour it's off the list. I REALLY love Midnight Purple III from the Nissan Skyline R34 GT-R, but fear paint might be a lil expensive but would of course look awesome.

What do you guys think? Re-spray? Also what colours do you guys like?

r3406or5.jpg

mp3yb4.jpg

(Midnight Purple III)

unclepaulie

hellatemplate ;)
Lifetime Member
First Name
Paul
Drive
hairdresser spec lancer coupe
Win! I'll think itmohe colours in the mean time

cittris

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Tristian
Drive
2001 Tarmac Black Evo VII
+1 Midnight Purple is one sexy colour!

unclepaulie

hellatemplate ;)
Lifetime Member
First Name
Paul
Drive
ok, when you say gold to do mean te37 bronzey/gold or do you mean like GT-C gold? or like wrx/advan rgII gold?

cyber_scriber

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Bruce
Drive
2000 Galant; metallic dark blue; manual; Recaros; Momo steering wheel; and sunroof!
Agree Lachlan that if you're going to respray it, you might as well do it differently.

That midnight purple looks beautiful on the R34. I wonder how it will translate on the Legnum's shape?

G

Unregistered
I've always LOVED the colour teal. Have a look into that, but i've only loved it on small cars like EK and EGs.
Heres a pic:
3766982571_0ea3b18f19_b.jpg

3837073571_787802095b_b.jpg

Hank Scorpio

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Lachlan
Drive
Paulie, here's a hint. By gold I mean "Work Light Metalic Gold" ;)

That 380 doesn't look bad at all (I'd call it blue though), would probably suit the legnum more then it does the 380 aswell.

I quite like the Teal colour aswell but I'm not sure how it would sit with gold wheels TBH.

Hank Scorpio

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Lachlan
Drive
Again, not sure how well Orange/Black would meet criteria #1. But yes, damn sexy colour combo!

unclepaulie

hellatemplate ;)
Lifetime Member
First Name
Paul
Drive
i vote a classy colour over a racey look at me colour, some dark smooth green/blue/grey (but not grey, grey is mine, shotgun grey lol)

CLuTZ

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Andre
Drive
C73A Lancer GSR, G6E Turbo MK2
I quite like the 'Iron Bark' Pajero colour- looks nice in the sun:

28433874.jpg

28433871.jpg

This Mazda colour aint bad either:

8832914.jpg

8832940.jpg

G

Unregistered
I've always been a big fan of Nissan's Gunmetal, would like mighty fine on a FL :cool:

Not 100% sure with bright gold wheels but if its the darker bronze I think you've got a win:

nissan-skyline.jpg

Black_Ice

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Aamir
Drive
WRX
+1 for the GTR midnight purple..I think yr leggy will look absolutely sexy in that colour..and u know u cant really go wrong with that color cause the leggy looks awesome in the trigger factory colour so the midnight purple is like just adding some shine and finnesse.....

SLY-031

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Joel
Drive
VR-4 Legnum
Midnight purple 3 is a great colour, hard to know what it will look like on a legnum. Can't see how it wouldn't work though.

Top Bottom