power vibration problems

trounced

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Wes
Drive
1997 Mitsubishi Legnum VR4
Hey guys i have been fooling around with the car driving it very carefully and only today started to open it up, when accelerating it seems to get like a bad wheel balance vibration occuring, when you back off and coast it stops.
dont think its tyres but could be i gues maybe its droped a weight.

has anyone had this or know what it could be ?

doesnt seem to affect the running of the engine its smooth enough but on acceleration this vibration starts.

could be somthing really simple havnt really looked yet but thought someone on here might have an idea thanks

leebutts

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Lee
Drive
2001 Golf GTI
My tires weren't balanced either and I was getting vibration around the 80km/h mark - I think Shogun just change the tires without doing a balance. I had the fronts balanced but am still getting vibrations from the rears, will need to get them done as well. I also got an alignment to be safe.

cheers

Lee

Peter_D

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Pete
Drive
Cab Colt & Evo 6
Couldn't hurt to have a 4 wheel alignment and balance done.

trounced

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Wes
Drive
good if thats all it is this car is amazing :)

SiliconAngel

1 AYC Bar
First Name
SA, Trevor
Drive
'99 Legnum VR4 Black MT
That's where I'd start Wes - should only cost about $80 and that's one piece of the puzzle out of the way :)

trounced

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Wes
Drive
okay alignment and balance is done but hasnt fixed the problem, they did mention that the mags on the car really needed a centre plastic ring to help locate them on the mag in the centre rather then just relying on the studs, will see if i can get this organised and see what happens after that.

its weird the problem nearly seems to be there from about 80km - 130 odd but seems to start to back off again after that it nearly seems to be a sideways wobble thou is there anything that neads to be balanced engine wise that could cause a sideways wobble ?

thanks

Top Bottom