Production figures Galant/Legnum

bradc

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Brad
Drive
Facelift Manual 400hp VR-4 Legnum
Ok, the Titan thing will be the silver grille that is common on non-turbo Legnums. What happens if you put in one of those chassis numbers and then select a body panel, does it come back with a colour?

G

Unregistered
I have done. On all vehicles, no front- or rear-bumpers are installed. The remaining parts are installed, however. The colors I've specified.

anphoto

Crunching Gears
First Name
Alan
Drive
1998 Legnum Super VR-4 in Red :D
ok guys, of the 234 Super's how many were red??

G

Unregistered
No problem with having this here as well.

There are only 3 Unknown colours, H9U, J8H and ZZZ.

After looking the Touch Up paint part numbers for vehicles with these codes:
H9U is a two tone scheme using A71 Hamilton Silver and A75 Thurston Gray
J8H is a two tone scheme using X08 Pyrenees Black and A75 Thurston Gray

ZZZ looks like what is used when there is no record of the paint colour used

There is also one Legnum in CAPS/ASA with no colour information at all.

What colors are a. ..

RA2...
W23...

???

On the web, unfortunately, I find nothing. Sorry

willvr4nz

Idling at the Lights
First Name
will
Drive
1998 Mitsubishi Super vr4 type s wagon
Only 283 or 4 Super VR-4 Legnums produced. ClubVR4 has a full list of all the Super chassis numbers so it should be easy to see what number your one is out of the lot. That is restricted to members but Kitty on here probably has this info and may post it if it is not already available here.

i have one .. tiptronic wagon 1998

IMG_20170213_181024.jpg

Matthew Hume

Idling at the Lights
First Name
Mathew
Drive
1997 legnum vr4
800 Legnum Super-VR4 and 500 Galant Super VR-4!

Every owner of one of the Supers should have a certificate!

Brad - what the hell is the ST-R?

I'm trying to figure it out but i checked mine and it looks to be a super by those numbers.. ec5w5100560 Legnum Correct me if wrong

GLen20

Barring Up
Premium Member
First Name
Glenn
Drive
2002 Type S Galant, Ducati Streetfighter 848, 1971 2 Door LC Torana (in pieces)
I think I own the 10th last Galant ever built?

DSC_0293.JPG
sketch-1571400421346.png

Legnum in America

Leaving Skid Marks
Premium Member
First Name
Mike
Drive
1997 Mitsubishi Legnum VR4 COTY
2022 Subaru Outback Onyx XT
1999 Honda Civic EX
Is there anything you can tell me about my chassis number EC5W-0013842?

2 (1)_R.JPG

BCX

Administrator
First Name
Bill
Drive
2000 Galant Type-V
1997 MK Triton GLS [6G74 conversion]
2019 i30 N-Line
As @Tempast, the subtype of LYGF1 makes it a Car Of The Year (COTY)

Legnum in America

Leaving Skid Marks
Premium Member
First Name
Mike
Drive
1997 Mitsubishi Legnum VR4 COTY
2022 Subaru Outback Onyx XT
1999 Honda Civic EX
For anyone else interested, purloined from the CAPS data file SHARYO.DAT are the following totals for EC5W and EC5A production:

EC5W LNGE 25ST-R 5FM/T: 358 4wd manual V6 2.5 made up to 8/97 only. Dark VR-4 style interior, 5 stud hubs, open rear diff with the same part number as a Type V. Basically a non-turbo Type V VR-4
EC5W LNGF VR-4 TYPE-S 5FM/T: 2759 These are both Facelift and Prefacelift Legnums with AYC
EC5W LNGF3 VR-4 TYPE-V 5FM/T:1 Almost certainly an early Facelift that will not have AYC
EC5W LNPE 25ST 5FM/T: 266 4wd manual V6 2.5 made up to 8/97 only. Has 4 stud hubs, cheap looking light grey interior, no tinted rear glass
EC5W LRGE 25ST-R S4FA/T: 7383 4wd auto V6 2.5 made up to 7/98. Dark VR-4 style interior, 5 stud hubs, open rear diff with the same part number as a Type V. Basically a non-turbo Type V VR-4
EC5W LRGE1 25ST-R LIMITED S4FA/T: 3733 4wd auto V6 2.5 made up to 7/98. Dark COTY style black leather interior, 5 stud hubs, open rear diff with the same part number as a Type V. Basically a non-turbo COTY Type V VR-4. Has polished 5 spoke prefacelift wheels as well.
EC5W LRPE 25ST S4FA/T: 5840 4wd manual V6 2.5 made up to 8/97 only. Has 4 stud hubs, cheap looking light grey interior, no tinted rear glass
EC5W LRPE2 SNOW-BIRD S4FA/T: 260 4wd auto V6 2.5 made up to 7/98. Has heated seats and other cold spec car features. Unsure of interior, most likely ST style (cheap light grey)
EC5W LYGF VR-4 TYPE-S S5FA/T: 11569 These will be Facelift and Prefacelift Legnums with AYC for most facelifts and AYC/ASC/TCL for all prefacelifts. Some facelifts may have ASC/TCL as well as a rare option
EC5W LYGF1 VR-4 TYPE-S(COTY SPECIAL) S5FA/T: 1109 These will be Prefacelift Legnums with AYC/ASC/TCL, and as we all know will have the black leather seats
EC5W LYGF2 SUPER VR-4 TYPE-S S5FA/T: 284 These will be Prefacelift Galants with AYC/ASC/TCL. Will also have the Recaro's and other stuff
EC5W LYGF3 VR-4 TYPE-S(W/O ASC/TC:L),VR-4V(99M-) 5AT: 856 These will be Facelift Legnums without AYC

EC5A SNGF VR-4 5FM/T: 1327 These will be Prefacelift Galants with AYC
EC5A SNGF3 VR-4V 5FM/T: 901 These will be Facelift Galants without AYC
EC5A SYGF VR-4 TYPE-S S5FA/T: 3268 These will be Facelift and Prefacelift Galants with AYC for most facelifts and AYC/ASC/TCL for all prefacelifts. Some facelifts may have ASC/TCL as well. I have not seen a facelift Galant with ASC/TCL yet.
EC5A SYGF2 SUPER VR-4 TYPE-S S5FA/T: 85 These will be Prefacelift Galants with AYC/ASC/TCL. Will also have the Recaro's and other stuff
EC5A SYGF3 VR-4 TYPE-S(W/O ASC/TCL)/VR-4V(99M-) 5AT: 455 These will be Facelift Galants without AYC

Brad: My input is above in Red Now white because King Panther is a whiney little cow!
Thank you for all this info. I bought a 97' EC5W LYGF1 VR-4 TYPE-S(COTY SPECIAL) S5FA/T from Japan and shipped it to Chicago. Is the 1109 the number of them produced?

Haydox

Idling at the Lights
Premium Member
First Name
Hayden
Drive
1997 Galant VR4 Type S MMCS
2007 CH Velocity Lancer
Sorry to bring back an old thread but from pbaron's list of build numbers with colour's, is there a way to then see how many were pfl /fl from those numbers?

Top Bottom