Prothane Bushing Kit from Road Race Engineering

VR-04-TT

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Paul
Drive
2005 Liberty 3.0R Spec B
Speaking of rubber bushings. Where would we get them from? Any local places or will we be needing to look at rubber eclipse stuff again?

frozen

1 AYC Bar
Lifetime Member
First Name
Josh
Drive
1990 Mitsubishi GTO
Formerly: 1996 Galant VR-4
I couldnt find anything rubber. I just spoke to Fulcrum, im going to be dropping off some spare control arms to them for some measurements - they are already aware what an EC5A and EC5W galant/legnum was which is a great start, and actually already have 2 of the bushes available.
Ill make a new thread eventually, ill definately be going to get some made up i think... Surely going to be cheaper than buying new control arms YET AGAIN :p Keep in mind im talking about Fulcrum's polyurethane...

VR-04-TT

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Paul
Drive
2005 Liberty 3.0R Spec B
No worries. My car is pretty solid already, I don't really want to make it any more harsh so rubber would be fine with me, I'll keep looking around for rubber ones too.

matchtheclown

Time p33nt
First Name
hugh
Drive
99 VR-4 Type S Man
As I said in the other prothane thread, Pedders and I imagine most suspension places should be able to re-bush in rubber pretty easy.

I think I even remember someone mentioning on there that they got the rear or front done at a suspension shop again in rubber and they mentioned something about the shop having alot of trouble pushing some of the old bushes out... *Shrug*

VR-04-TT

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Paul
Drive
2005 Liberty 3.0R Spec B
Sweet. I'm going to try the suspension place in Windsor later and see how I go.

naughtika

OzVR4 Stalker
First Name
Christian
Drive
'96 Galant VR4, '17 MB A180, '25 Macan GTS
why not just tell fulcrum that the suspension bushes are exactly the same as the 7G Galants.. I bought some from them and know it'll fit..

also the superpro polyurethane bushes have slits where grease sit (if that makes sense).. so I guess you dont need to lube it periodically..

matchtheclown

Time p33nt
First Name
hugh
Drive
99 VR-4 Type S Man
A control arm has a bush and a balljoint? I'm not even sure.

I have previously had new ball-joints & bushes put in suspension parts, I guess out ball joints might be special and not available. But I doubt it.

frozen

1 AYC Bar
Lifetime Member
First Name
Josh
Drive
1990 Mitsubishi GTO
the ball joints are part of the arm and i dont think they are removable/replacable... the bushes however can be.

frozen

1 AYC Bar
Lifetime Member
First Name
Josh
Drive
1990 Mitsubishi GTO
I have used the eclipse ones off ebay for the lower front 2 arms (curved and straight) and they fit perfectly. Ive visually inspected the uppers and they appear to fit too.

Top Bottom