PS4 randomly turns off and on?

vr4ssz

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Shane
Drive
98 PFL Legnum VR-4, 2005 VZ SSZ, 1991 Cressida (1jz converted)
Hey guys

Has anybody had an issue with their PS4?

Mine was fine and now randomly make a beep and shuts off and restarts constantly, booting into safe mode most of the time.

Also when the console is turned off not in standby, it randomly turns on.

Any one else had this problem? Easy fix or should I call sony?, console is only a week old with less then 10hours of game time.

Leggy98

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Jayden
Drive
1998 legnum vr4
I'd ring Sony straight away. The longer you leave it the more they will try to blame it on you

vr4ssz

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Shane
Drive
Tried to call, Sony support is closed on Sunday, which is bs.

VOLK

Stabbin' technique!
First Name
Joey T
Drive
13 RA Lancer Hackzilla
Getting hot? Laying flat (not on side) in a well ventilated area? What colour light do you get when it shuts down?

Is it on wifi? Might be powering up for network activity I.E. updates...

vr4ssz

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Shane
Drive
I disconnected all network connections and that wouldn't explain constant restarts even when in safe mode or random turn offs while playing.

Its flat and well vented, starts blue and then goes white.

G

Unregistered
My mates was doing something similar, it needed to be formatted somehow and now its sweet.
Quick Fix = Buy XBox One
Proper Fix = Buy good PC
:p

my mate just called Sony and they told him what to do so That's definitely the best bet. Good luck with it, hope its gets sorted soon, you pay so much for them they should work.

R Kilburn

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Roland
Drive
1996 PFL VR-4 Galant
My PS4 kept spitting the disc out randomly. All I can say its better to get the console replaced while under warranty. Even if there is a quick fix it obviously sounds like a dud. I got mine through JB HiFi .Didnt need to deal with Sony just a straight swap

vr4ssz

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Shane
Drive
I also got mine from JB, I will call Sony in the morning and see what that have to say about it.

I understand a new console still may have teething issues, but still sucks.

R Kilburn

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Roland
Drive
1996 PFL VR-4 Galant
I also got mine from JB, I will call Sony in the morning and see what that have to say about it.

I understand a new console still may have teething issues, but still sucks.

Sweet man did you get the extended warranty/console care add on? Ive heard that it takes Sony upto a month in handling time (including shipping) with ps4 repairs. With JB theyll give you a new one straightaway

vr4ssz

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Shane
Drive
Yeah I forget how long it is for, think I'll be down JB tomorrow, just hope I can keep the console on long enough to get my save files off

R Kilburn

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Roland
Drive
1996 PFL VR-4 Galant
I think your save files get uploaded to your playstation plus 2gb online storage automatically

vr4ssz

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Shane
Drive
Ah hopefully, I thought that was a PlayStation plus thing.

I only have nfs rivals on there ATM.

king_panther

Gettin' tanked
First Name
Brad
Drive
2012 VW Caddy 1.6TDI 7-Speed DSG. Still crappy DSG.....
Most consoles have teething problems on first coming out.
Most of us would know of the Red Ring Of Death on the 360s, though maybe the HDMI blinking issue & disc read errors on the PS3s were less documented.

Don't get the XBox One though unless you're fine with the NSA spying on you through the Kinect :)

vr4ssz

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Shane
Drive
True if I was to get an Xbox one I would be leaving kinect disconnected.

I also fell 3 times to the Xbox red ring of death, weirdly enough I turned the console on last night and played for 3 hours and the issue never showed.

Though I bet its only a matter of time.

vr4ssz

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Shane
Drive
Called Sony, they didn't even ask me to try anything. New console is in the post, they said 5-7days.

In the meantime I guess I will start FFX-HD remaster on PS3.

G

Unregistered
Most consoles have teething problems on first coming out.
Most of us would know of the Red Ring Of Death on the 360s, though maybe the HDMI blinking issue & disc read errors on the PS3s were less documented.

Don't get the XBox One though unless you're fine with the NSA spying on you through the Kinect :)

Been playing since midnight launch with my Kinect still in the box. Biggest myth ever.

G

Unregistered
The only danger kinect poses is frustrating you so much you lash out and injure/kill the nearest family member.

vr4ssz

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Shane
Drive
I have never been a fan of the whole motion control stuff, I do want an Xbox one, one day as I do like forza and titanfall looks pretty damn good.

Top Bottom