[QLD] Dyno Day - 19 Jan

leebutts

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Lee
Drive
2001 Golf GTI
Ahoy!

The nice folks at ChipTorque have arranged a dyno day for us on the 19th of Jan, starting at 9am at their premises at Nerang (on the Gold Coast - sorry Brisbanites but I gotta get some perks from organising you rabble :) ).

Map%20copy.jpg

The cost is $50 CASH per car and that includes a run and a laminated graph of your best run. There will be drinks/morning tea provided and I'm currently waiting to hear back about a sponsored prize for highest power. I have to double check whether they are able to graph boost levels and AFR's.

There is a PDF form attached to this post. It has various info about how it all works and some waivers to sign etc. Please fill this out and bring it along with you on the day.

Please let me know if you will be coming, I said we should be able to get at least 6 cars. They can do about 3-4 cars an hour so the more the merrier.

cheers

Lee

Confirmed Attendees:
Lee
Brocky
Kevin
Kevin's mate Greg
Pete
Christian (priority)
Benny
Simon
Matt (priority)

Possible Attendees:
Anthony
Justin
James

Spectators:
Taras

Attachments

• ozvr4_chiptotorque_dynoday.pdf
    62.7 KB · Views: 37

DarkVR4

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
James
Drive
Black FL Reganum
Roger Roger James on parade, good work Lee, and about time we came over your way anyway mate an excuse for a drive anyway.

Rasi

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Mike
Drive
2001 Nissan Elgrand - Previously the "best" factory optioned 2000 Legnum (manual, suade recaros)hehe
Looks as though I will have to do some mods by then... Darn kitchen and bathroom renovations may restrict the mod installs.

Still have to check with the activities co-ordinator (wife).

Mike

G

Unregistered
Im in. Maybe some of the Bris Vagas Residents can meet up somewhere and head down together.

VR4Rocket

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Kevin
Drive
Was a Ralliart Colt, was a 1997 Toyota Aristo was a 1996 Legnum..Now an XR5 Turbo
I am in .... I will try and bring my mate who just got his Leggie as well
Just been looking at their site....maybe we could hook up a link to OZVR4...

Peter_D

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Pete
Drive
Cab Colt & Evo 6
Already cleared it with Mel so I'm in also. No mods on mine apart from the 3 inch system.

Oh yeah. I forgot the "Brats On Board" rear seat cover.

DarkVR4

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
James
Drive
Black FL Reganum
Lol Christian, mate dont let work stop ya aye. My bro is on hols in NZ but Im on it reference the ALPINE sounds mate, sry mate probably wont hear anything till next year. He's out of the office till late jan early feb, lucky for some aye.

naughtika

OzVR4 Stalker
First Name
Christian
Drive
'96 Galant VR4, '17 MB A180, '25 Macan GTS
James.. no probs.. no rush with it just a good friend of mine is wanting to save a few $$$

G

Unregistered
Count me as a possible. Price sounds good.

For a complete noob could someone explain what is involved in a dyno run? We won't be tuning anything on the unmodded cars (and that would cost a shiteload more) so what actually happens?

Peter_D

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Pete
Drive
Cab Colt & Evo 6
In simple terms your car gets driven onto a great big treatmill. Then a power run is undertaken. (It's driven under full load). Readings are taken of the run and a graph is produced showing the power produced at the wheels in various gears. Aw shit, do a quick search on Youtube and have a look. That'll give you a better idea.

leebutts

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Lee
Drive
2001 Golf GTI
Well put Pete - yes, youtube will have plenty of examples.

There's a tiny risk to your car as they run it to the redline in 3rd or 4th normally (hence the waivers they make you sign) but these guys have a good reputation and know what they are doing.

Look forward to meeting you on the day Anthony.

cheers

Lee

Peter_D

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Pete
Drive
Cab Colt & Evo 6
There's a tiny risk to your car as they run it to the redline in 3rd or 4th

Yeah. There's a tiny risk that it'll break the chains jump off the rollers and career across the workshop floor and smash headlong into a wall. Reeking mayhem and total devastation as it goes.
But that only happen once in a while.
:D:D:D:D

nah. Just kidding.

G

Unregistered
The Galant is leaking atf and looks like the torque converter seal is rooted. I'd rather not put any further stress on the car than necessary, so if I can't get it booked in and fixed before then, I will be bailing.

Leigh

Peter_D

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Pete
Drive
Cab Colt & Evo 6
Leigh,
either take it to Neil Lowe Motor Sport or the Repco repairer at Victoria Point. Neil Lowe because he "knows" what he's doing or the guys at Viccy Point because they'll bend over backward to make sure the repair is done right the first time. They also give a 12 month warranty on there work.
Anyway just a suggestion for you.

G

Unregistered
I've had a service with Neal Lowe and he was a great guy to deal with. Have already left a message for him to call me back. Depending on the quote, I might replace it with my dad.

Leigh

leebutts

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Lee
Drive
2001 Golf GTI
I think Neal is closing up over xmas until sometime in Jan so you might be able to get in before the dyno day.

Hopefully you can get it sorted - I wanna see that purple ear bleeder on the rollers :)

Lee

Top Bottom