[QLD]Legnums Pricey or what ?

MPBVr4

Crunching Gears
First Name
Malc
Drive
1997 Vr4 Galant Type S
My son landed in Cairns yesterday with 3 mates and wil be backpacking down the East Coast. They have been looking for a cheap "camper van" and got very excited when they came across a white Leggie for sale................but at 17,000 dollars no way!! You could buy 2 for that money in the UK Being a VR4 he just had to report back, as he often joins me at CVR4 meets:D

DarkVR4

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
James
Drive
Black FL Reganum
Yep thats the going price wayyyyyyyyy over here In Australia. And I payed more then that for mine. By the way this thread is sort of in the wrong place, maybe it should be in General discussion or somthing..........

Peter_D

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Pete
Drive
Cab Colt & Evo 6
My son landed in Cairns yesterday with 3 mates and wil be backpacking down the East Coast. They have been looking for a cheap "camper van" and got very excited when they came across a white Leggie for sale................but at 17,000 dollars no way!! You could buy 2 for that money in the UK Being a VR4 he just had to report back, as he often joins me at CVR4 meets:D

From a dealer that's about right. You need to have a look at one of our import calculators and have a look at all the extra charges we have to pay for to get a import on the road. We even have to pay a tax on a tax. Crazy.

G

Unregistered
So what is the going rate in the UK in pounds for a leggy.
$17,000 is bloody cheap concidering what u get for the money. When u look at other cars for that price in Aus u can get a loverly hyundi excel ... LOL

Kristian

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Kristian
Drive
Changes daily
I can tell you that no dealers in the UK have bought Legnums from Japan at all in the last 6 months, purely because we're prepared to pay 200,000 yen more for them at auction...

G

Unregistered
Yeah but u still have funny accents ... hahaha jk jk

VR-04-TT

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Paul
Drive
2005 Liberty 3.0R Spec B
Fortunately brad you don't have a government trying to support local manufacturers that try to pass off second rate crap as brand new and innovative whilst charging a fortune for them.

MPBVr4

Crunching Gears
First Name
Malc
Drive
1997 Vr4 Galant Type S
So what is the going rate in the UK in pounds for a leggy.
$17,000 is bloody cheap concidering what u get for the money. When u look at other cars for that price in Aus u can get a loverly hyundi excel ... LOL

We have a very nice one on CVR4 at the moment at £3,600 (UK Pds) see
link http://www.clubvr4.com/forum/Classifieds/showproduct.php?product=383&sort=1&cat=2&page=1

Average at the moment is about £4 K. Facelift 2000 onwards are being offered at about £6 - 7 K

G

Unregistered
Facelift 2000 onwards are being offered at about £6 - 7 K
When u do the exchange thats what I paid for my 2000. (under $15,000aus)
But I guess thats the imported price, the dealers are around ($19,000aus)

SiliconAngel

1 AYC Bar
First Name
SA, Trevor
Drive
'99 Legnum VR4 Black MT
Malc if they want a decent ride without paying a fortune for it I suggest they stick with something common like a Commodore wagon (same as Vauxhall over there) as it will be fairly easy to resell once they're finished with it and they might not even lose money on it. If they get a Legnum they will have a much harder time selling it as most people don't even know what they are, so there's a MUCH smaller market for them.

And don't even get me started on the price of Australian cars... :mad:

VR-04-TT

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Paul
Drive
2005 Liberty 3.0R Spec B
lol agreed with your attitude towards the price of Oz cars SA!!!

MPBVr4

Crunching Gears
First Name
Malc
Drive
1997 Vr4 Galant Type S
Malc if they want a decent ride without paying a fortune for it I suggest they stick with something common like a Commodore wagon (same as Vauxhall over there) as it will be fairly easy to resell once they're finished with it and they might not even lose money on it. If they get a Legnum they will have a much harder time selling it as most people don't even know what they are, so there's a MUCH smaller market for them.

And don't even get me started on the price of Australian cars... :mad:

Thanks for the heads up mate. Looks as though they are going to rent something cheap to do the trip down to Sydney now.

Top Bottom