Drive
2001 Golf GTI
Ok! The first QLD meet will be:

Sunday 23rd September @ 1:30pm
Redland Bay Hotel
The Esplanade Redland Bay 4165
(07) 3206 7231
Google Map

At this stage there are two VR4s attending - a Legnum and a Galant so look for those in the carpark as a meeting point. If you can't find them fall back to the main entrance. I'll wear my OZVR4 shirt so you can spot me.

Expect a follow up meet (hopefully with some kind of group drive) in a month or so once we have more cars on the road.

If you have any questions PM me or you can get me on
<PM Me>.

Don't forget to bring digital/video cameras so we can share our beautiful mugshots with the rest of the club :)

cheers

Lee

Original Post:
Hi folks,
I've been absolutely un-democratically elected as QLD's coordinator thingo so I'm going to have a shot at getting a few of us together.
I'm proposing next Sunday the 23rd about 2pm, somewhere on the southside of Brisbane.
Can anyone suggest a venue? Somewhere close to a long quiet stretch of road would be good.
Hopefully someone with a car can make it :) Alternatively we can go break in to Shogun and take the cars round the block a few times!
As an incentive I'll bring along my laptop with the datalogger I bought and we can geek out and see if anyone has any error codes hehehe It can also do estimated power and torque which would be good to try out on someones car.
Alternatives/suggestions very welcome

Peter_D

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Pete
Drive
Cab Colt & Evo 6
Either Mel or I will come along for sure. Unfortunately we can't both go because one of us will need to stay with the kids.

I'd like to suggest the Redland Bay Pub. Nice venue overlooking the bay, plus they make a great lunch. As for the straight stretch of road, I'm thinking about it. I can't think of anything right now but I'll check the local street directory and see what I can find.

Peter_D
:confused:

Rasi

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Mike
Drive
2001 Nissan Elgrand - Previously the "best" factory optioned 2000 Legnum (manual, suade recaros)hehe
I will try to make it if I am not still playing golf.

leebutts

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Lee
Drive
2001 Golf GTI
Peter, the pub sounds good, I'm happy with that if no-one else has another suggestion.

The stretch of road is optional - would be handy for trying out the datalogger.

cheers

Lee

Peter_D

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Pete
Drive
Cab Colt & Evo 6
Lee,

I'm not sure how many there are of us. I know DarkVR4 has his Legnum but he is on duty OS at the moment so he can't make it. I take it you don't have your car yet, another one caught up in Shogun's workshops. Rasi should miss his golf game and turn up. Any other takers.

Oh yeah bring your data logger along and you can show me how to use it.

cheers

leebutts

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Lee
Drive
2001 Golf GTI
VR4_Psych (Leigh) also has his car stuck at Shogun, but he might come along - I'll PM him if he doesn't read this within a few days.

Blainey (Aaron) has been posting a bit but he doesn't have a car either, I might PM him as well if he doesn't see this thread.

cheers

Lee

p.s. I don't know how to use the data logger yet so we can learn together :)

G

Unregistered
My Galant is highly unlikely to be done by then, but will most likely be ready the following week. I'm not sure when everyone elses' cars are going to be ready, but if they've got a similar timeframe, maybe we should delay it.

If not, I haven't got any plans for that Sunday at this stage and will try my best not to be severely hungover from the night before...

Leigh

Rasi

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Mike
Drive
2001 Nissan Elgrand - Previously the "best" factory optioned 2000 Legnum (manual, suade recaros)hehe
ahh... I just realised it is not this Sunday. Next Sunday I am not playing golf so I better make sure I remember to come along. I may need to bring the wife and kids so we can check out a Legnum in real life. hehe We are bringing one in and haven't even seen one in the flesh.

naughtika

OzVR4 Stalker
First Name
Christian
Drive
'96 Galant VR4, '17 MB A180, '25 Macan GTS
Im in.. as long as within driving range.. hehe.. ill service and wash my car before the meet..

so there'd be a place for lunch and stuff right? just confirming...

Peter_D

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Pete
Drive
Cab Colt & Evo 6
Im in.. as long as within driving range.. hehe.. ill service and wash my car before the meet..

so there'd be a place for lunch and stuff right? just confirming...

I've just checked your profile and your within 40 to 45 minutes (max) driving time from The Redland Bay Pub. Yeap there's a place for lunch and drinks and if the kids do come along there is a small play area. Not forgeting the bay views.

address

Redland Bay Hotel
The Esplanade Redland Bay 4165
(07) 3206 7231

gonna try to add the google maps link
http://maps.google.com/maps?f=q&hl=...153.304735&spn=0.00521,0.009817&t=h&z=17&om=1

It the building near the words Broadwater Terrace. You enter the carpark of that road also.

leebutts

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Lee
Drive
2001 Golf GTI
Cheers Pete, I'll update the first post as it sounds like everyone is fairly happy with time and venue.

Leigh - there will definitely be another meet in a month or so once we have some more cars, but it would be cool to put faces to all the names if you could make it. But I've tried "not to be too hung over on Sunday" before and failed completely so no drama if you don't make it :)

cheers

Lee

G

Unregistered
Well, I'm being a good boy and started early so my hangover is done early so I can recover for tomorrow night! I should be there - unless something massive (ie. new girl...long story...) gets in the road.

I'm sure I can tone down the drinking for one night...maybe...lol...(note, am very wasted right now...)

Leigh

DarkVR4

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
James
Drive
Black FL Reganum
Hey team, Im gonna have to put in my apoliges as I wont be able to make this meet, how ever I am trying to talk my preg wife into turning up in my VR4. Im about 30 minutes from the suggested venue so sounds good for me for future meets, talking about future meets I will be home in 6 weeks so would love to have a meet around this time...........by thn there should be a few more VR4's floating around (not to much i hope). Be sure to get some good pics team and post them up. Looking fwd to our community growing and havin fun. Congrats Lee on being appointed our co-ord for QLD, SALUTE!

leebutts

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Lee
Drive
2001 Golf GTI
Well, I'm being a good boy and started early so my hangover is done early so I can recover for tomorrow night! I should be there - unless something massive (ie. new girl...long story...) gets in the road.

I'm sure I can tone down the drinking for one night...maybe...lol...(note, am very wasted right now...)

Leigh

Dude, it's next Sunday! (Hope he reads this, better PM him...)

G

Unregistered
See, this is what happens when drunk people use computers. Yeah, no, it's all good - I knew it wasn't this Sunday... :)

Leigh

Mel-D

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Mel
Drive
2012 Ford Focus ST Manual,Tangerine. Evo 6 Blue manual.Had 2004 XR6 Falcon M11 Auto,Yellow GT stripes. 1999 Legnum Manual,White
We're not sure either How many.
we will be there Mel-D and Pete_D and 3 Kids
From Melinda

Rasi

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Mike
Drive
I should be coming. Its my sons first birthday and we are having a party at a park at 11. So hopefully it will be finished in time and I can drop the family home for afternoon sleeps and I can head out. Or, I may bring one or two of them with me.

Mike

Top Bottom