[QLD] Mini-meet?

naughtika

OzVR4 Stalker
First Name
Christian
Drive
'96 Galant VR4, '17 MB A180, '25 Macan GTS
mini_me.jpg

hey guys, me and Lee were thinking of meeting up on saturday night to see if the slotted brakes and better pads makes alot of differences..

Everyone's welcome to come and join up.. and maybe we can all end up cruising :D

Plan is to meet up at Movie World Carpark.. say around 8pm.. then maybe dinner somewhere..

Date:
Saturday 8th December 2007

Plan Of Attack:
Meet up at Old Ikea (now Super Amart) carpark at Springwood @ 8pm

Test to Be Done:
Talk car shit
then maybe go somewhere to try these:
0kph to 40kph to a full stop (range of probably 100m)
0kph to 80kph to a full stop (range of probably 200m)
0kph to 100kph to a full stop (maybe not)

Any other suggestions for types of tests?

*Note* tests are for our own benefits, we're not meeting up to do stupid things like burnouts or the likes

Any other suggestions?

Extra:
can anyone source "cones" to basically mark when to hit the brakes or anything similar?

leebutts

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Lee
Drive
2001 Golf GTI
Yeah I'm still keen - I now have more boost than you other plebs so your are all in trouble! Just because I can't stop, doesn't mean I aint cool....

:D

Lee

naughtika

OzVR4 Stalker
First Name
Christian
Drive
i maybe able to stop.. but i may also be able to go fast.. soon.. :D Im waiting for my mbc.. same as yours..

MPBVr4

Crunching Gears
First Name
Malc
Drive
1997 Vr4 Galant Type S
Yeah I'm still keen - I now have more boost than you other plebs so your are all in trouble! Just because I can't stop, doesn't mean I aint cool....

:D

Lee

Just wondering how you guys are getting on with a MBC. Most peeps in the UK are opting for EBC which is obviosly more expensive. Do you get any "fuel cut" or spiking? To me it seems a very cheap way to get more power :p

naughtika

OzVR4 Stalker
First Name
Christian
Drive
i believe Brad or Gly said that a manual boost controller and SAFC would work good together..

G

Unregistered
I'm not sure what my plans are this weekend. One thing's for sure - I won't be able to stop which is fine because I won't be going very fast. But, I will be making a lot of noise while doing it! :D

Leigh

leebutts

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Lee
Drive
2001 Golf GTI
I'm finding mine good so far - but it's only been in there a few days. I'm going to use it as a quick gain until I can afford an ECU with boost control.

Lee

DarkVR4

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
James
Drive
Black FL Reganum
I'm not sure what my plans are this weekend. One thing's for sure - I won't be able to stop which is fine because I won't be going very fast. But, I will be making a lot of noise while doing it! :D

Leigh
Im guessin that date of yours went well then Leigh......

Guy's Im keen at this point to meet up this saturday, Christian will message you later mate ref our last convo.

ave a great day guys

naughtika

OzVR4 Stalker
First Name
Christian
Drive
James, no problem.. i'll wait for the reply.. but also keep in mind, no pressure about it..

goodnight to everyone as i've just come off from a grave shift..

Rasi

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Mike
Drive
2001 Nissan Elgrand - Previously the "best" factory optioned 2000 Legnum (manual, suade recaros)hehe
I might have to drop the idea in my wifes head now that "me going on a cruise at 8pm at night in the new car" is a fantastic idea while she stays at home and looks after the sleeping kids. Well she could have an early night as well.

I will let you know how it goes.

naughtika

OzVR4 Stalker
First Name
Christian
Drive
good luck bud.. ill edit the thread to make it more clear..

leebutts

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Lee
Drive
2001 Golf GTI
Good luck Mike :)

We could have an afternoon one if it suits better - I want to have sit in your seats!

Us trouble makers could then carry on for OZVR4 Midnight Edition :)

Top Bottom