Dice

1 AYC Bar
Lifetime Member
First Name
DiceR
Drive
Galant VR-4 2xT25bb
Nissan Cube
I just spoke with RACV and they informed me that market value for a Legnum is $3,900 and agreed value could not be listed higher than $5,800. Anyone here with RACV comprehensive and have it listed any more than this? I'm currently with Shannon's considering looking for a cheaper policy.

hozza

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Nathan
Drive
97 COTY manual legnum.(gone)
96 GTO MR
S13 silvia
Hi,
I am with RACV and i made a complaint about the exact matter.
The service girl rang me and said that if the car is written off they will work out the value then based on other cars at the time.
Im not sure if it is because its an import or what,
I think the sales department and the claims department works on different systems.
I was in a rush at the time so didnt get to really find out where they got the above mentioned value from.
But put in a comment about it. and if you find out let me know.

Interloper

Leaving Skid Marks
Premium Member
First Name
Andrew
Drive
2000 Legnum S Man, NX Paj, CBR1000RRSP2, CRF450
thats very ordinary

you might want to agree to a more realistic value

and pay more

Lasiorhinus

Leaving Skid Marks
Lifetime Member
First Name
Stephen
Drive
White FL Legnum
Theyve got a computer that works out the "market value" by calculating the price depreciation as per the age of the vehicle. Its a prediction that works pretty well when you are insuring a 1996-2002 Magna, for example, but in no way does the computer take into account the current market value of the Legnum based on, erm, the value in the marketplace of replacing a car today.

FWIW, the fine print in my old CGU insurance policy was worded "the market value is the cost of replacing the vehicle with the same model in the location the vehicle is garaged(registered)". So if you live in Melbourne, its the price of a Legnum in Melbourne. If you live in Broken Hill, its the price of a Legnum in Broken Hill.

minik1971

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Nigel
Drive
White 1990 BMW 535i was a Black 1998 Legnum FL (written off)
If you are looking for a cheaper insurance policy give enthusiasts underwriting. I got a quote for 2 legnums and it was less than 1 occasional use policy with Shannons. http://www.enthusiast.com.au/

[TUFFTR]

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Paul
Drive
Mitsubishi Magna
Cheers for the tip, just put in quotes for both my car's now. Let's see what they say. A dollar saved is a dollar earned!

Lateralus45

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Braithe
Drive
96 Legnum VR4
I switched my leggy over to RACV on the weekend $750 premium with $750 Excess at $10,500 Agreed value and that was just from the online quote so someone's telling porkys.

wil

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Wil
Drive
99 Leggy
if you have a CAMS license shannons will give you a better price..

Abusive

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Justin
Drive
2000 Legnum
I switched my leggy over to RACV on the weekend $750 premium with $750 Excess at $10,500 Agreed value and that was just from the online quote so someone's telling porkys.

That actually surprises me, I had an agreed value quote from them in Dec last year of $25k, it was late Dec and then came the floods. I didn't get a chance to do it during that time for obvious reasons and then when I did get back to them in Feb some time they told me the quote number was not in the system and the best they would do for me is $5k... I told them if they can find half a dozen like mine for $5k each I will take the lot. They do offer a lot more for a 2001 model but as soon as you step back to a 2000 or earlier the quote is nothing short of an insult really.

VOLK

Stabbin' technique!
First Name
Joey T
Drive
13 RA Lancer Hackzilla
Ahhh that explains mine then, must be due to being 02. $900 premium, $14k agreed value and they know about all mods. Including wife's little old corolla it's $1300/yr. I'm with Shannon's.

Black_Ice

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Aamir
Drive
WRX
Try NRMA...they now have a legnum on their online quote..$1100 pa including windscreen protection and insured for $17k agreed value..Further you dont have to list any mods and stuff and unlimited mods allowed..

Dice

1 AYC Bar
Lifetime Member
First Name
DiceR
Drive
Galant VR-4 2xT25bb
Nissan Cube
Around $1500 for me with Shannon's , $13500 agreed value :(

Abusive

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Justin
Drive
2000 Legnum
PM me an address and leave the keys on the tyres, could always do with some more parts.. lol

BuzzPuppy

OZVR4 Ambassador
Lifetime Member
First Name
Gavin
Drive
レグナム Super VR-4
You DID tell them that you've got the Super VR-4 right (will it cover replacing a Super VR4 with the momo/recaro/special edition interior)?

Mine's $860, Rating 1, 34yo driver in Cranbourne North @ $15,000
The scary thing was living in Oakleigh, it was $1360 with the same details.

Smash

Idling at the Lights
First Name
Ash
Drive
2001 Legnum
i just got a quote from Enthusiast... 652 with 500 excess, beats the living crap outta shannons 1253.00 with a 900 excess!

Top Bottom