Leaving Skid Marks
Lifetime Member
First Name
Gavin Daniels
Drive
2006 Mercedes Benz ML320CDI

Previously Owned
1997 Legnum VR-4 Type S
2000 Galant VR-4 Type V (Race Car) (regretful sale)
Hey Guys,

I just got some Ralli art suspension components, which I am considering fitting to my Legnum. I have checked all the part numbers, and they match up with numbers in a Ralli art option list I found.

But I expect that the rear struts are left and right, so hoping somebody might be able to tell me which is which, and what they will lower the car to. The rear ones also have damper adjustment controls on them also.

The part numbers on the struts are as follows
RAEC5301G1 - Front 2 struts
RAEC5302G1 - Rear ??? Strut
RAEC5303G1 - Rear ??? Strut.

Also, the springs have the following colour codes on them. They are painted on as dots on 3 coils of each spring, (1 colour per coil, read from top down) which is obviously to list the height and dampening rates.

Front Springs - 1 White, 2 Blue, 2 Grey
Rear Springs - 1 White, 1 Blue, 2 Orange.

Am interested if anybody else has this kit on their Legnum and can help out with the sides for the rear struts, and if their colour codes are the same.

Regards

Gavin

Attachments

• DSC00287.JPG
    DSC00287.JPG
    61.3 KB · Views: 48
  • DSC00288.JPG
    DSC00288.JPG
    61.7 KB · Views: 30

GavDaniels

Leaving Skid Marks
Lifetime Member
First Name
Gavin Daniels
Drive

Previously Owned
1997 Legnum VR-4 Type S
Hey Steve,

Front shocks are stuffed. Hence the looking at replacement in the first place.

Rumour has it that 96 HJ components may fit. So if you want to raise yours up a bit a set of springs from a wrecker and some new Pedder Gas ones would do your job.

Regards

Gavin

G

Unregistered
theres no sides, on the front,

and the rears only go on one way,
u'll notcie the lower mount one side is flared out.
when you take your old ones off make sure the new ones go in the same way...

i think the flared end slips onto the mount?

GavDaniels

Leaving Skid Marks
Lifetime Member
First Name
Gavin Daniels
Drive

Previously Owned
1997 Legnum VR-4 Type S
Hey Carsten,

Thanks for that. I haven't really looked at them for fitting as yet, because I would like to get an idea of how low the car may end up with them on. So was hoping to find somebody who has them who could measure guard to tyre clearance.

Any idea on the colour coding on the springs?

Regards
Gavin

naughtika

OzVR4 Stalker
First Name
Christian
Drive
'96 Galant VR4, '17 MB A180, '25 Macan GTS
they certainly do look similar to my old HJ's AGX struts..

IMG_2462.jpg

RearRightSuspension.jpg

RearRightSuspension03.jpg

IMG_2468.jpg

if the 94-97 Galant struts fits on ours.. then looks like I know what I'll buy :)

I was very happy with these set on my old car..

G

Unregistered
I would be really keen to know if they fit, as no one from KYB or NGK (i know they are the same company) can get me any strut's, even with part numbers i got from NZ

G

Unregistered
I have the part numbers at work Carsten, I was going to get stocks to send me some over but they where going to charge $100 per strut, If you can have a look for me that would be great :)

GavDaniels

Leaving Skid Marks
Lifetime Member
First Name
Gavin Daniels
Drive

Previously Owned
1997 Legnum VR-4 Type S
Hey Guys,

I have the part numbers for the Ralli Art stuff, they are in the PDF I posted on the ClubVR4 forum relating to this also. (Couldnt post it here at the time, size issue).

But the Ralliart struts also have the following numbers on them
KYB 1H22 (Front struts) KYB1011 (Rear Struts)

If that helps.

Regards
Gavin

ECfiveA

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Mathew
Drive
97 Galant VR4
Hey Guys

Sorry to dust off a really old thread but i have some info on the ralliart suspension upgrade. They offer a complete kit which includes 2 front struts and springs and 2 rear struts and springs. There is a kit for Galant and a different one for Legnum. The only difference is that the spring rate on the rear for legnum is 4.1kg/mm to the galant 2.9kg/mm, but i think the legnum kit will fit galant if you want the heavier rear spring.

The part numbers are
RAEC5A014S1 - Galant
RAEC5W014S1 - Legnum

Ralliart list them at 134,400 yen and at 1AUD=71.4676 JPY is $1880.57
Gonna find out from mitsi dealer about price and availability will let you know.

G

Unregistered
RHD Japan sell the Ralliart Struts and Springs here and here, but are a bit more expensive than what you listed.

To be honest though, you would probably be better off getting the KYB AGX Struts (which are essentially the same) and a seperate set of springs to suit. I would have a guess and say this would save you a bit of coin. For a similar amount of money for the Ralliart set, you could probably get some Tein Fully Adjustable (Damper and Height) Coilovers. But it all depends on what you're after.

Top Bottom