Ralliart Colt

Hank Scorpio

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Lachlan
Drive
Mazda JC Cosmo, Mazda FC3C RX7 Convertible
Just wondering what the good people of OzVR4 think of one of our smaller turbo siblings?

AWD, Factory Bodykit, Vented Bonnet, Recaro Interior...

Power - 113 kW at 6000 rpm
Torque - 210 Nm at 3050 rpm
Kerb Weight - 1130 kg

Not amazing stats by any means but I drove one the other week at work and it seemed like it could be a pretty fun little zippy car. Certainly wasn't "fast" but I assume the car has potential.

Chuck on a 3" turboback exhaust, up the boost, fit some coilovers and you might have a decent ride.

Sure you'd still get eaten by old school GTiR Pulsars and the like but it would still be fun!

Mitsubishi-Colt-Ralliart.jpg

unclepaulie

hellatemplate ;)
Lifetime Member
First Name
Paul
Drive
hairdresser spec lancer coupe
1.5L of turbo fury, id hav one for a daily.

modern day swift gti imho

mills_88

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Matt
Drive
Toyota Supra RZ - The Project
Holden Commodore SS VF Series 2 - The Daily
I love these cars, every time i see one i think how cool they'd be to own.

wosbwm

Crunching Gears
First Name
Wayne
Drive
legnum VR4 Type S, Challenger LS, Magna Wagon, Mercedes E Class, XE Fairmont Wagon S-Pac, Renault Megane
A friend of ours own's one and it is a very surprising little car. For a 1.5 turbo they have got some get up & go but I reckon with a few mods you would be spinning a few heads :)

OVR444

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Brett
Drive
2004 Mirage
I was toying with one at the track last weekend... they really move for a stock car... He was keeping up with me.. until the straight.... :)

Gary31

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Gary
Drive
96 Legnum V-r4
they are FWD, i was looking into leaseing one as a second car/for the wife when i get hitched.

pu-11-me

and put an LSD in it
First Name
Dawso
Drive
VW Touareg
I was considering leasing one through work as well, but circumstanmces have changed.....

There is really nothing else to choose from in that size for that sort of money. I would own one personally, but would probably prefer to fork out the extra cash for a Mazda 3 MPS ;)

pu-11-me

and put an LSD in it
First Name
Dawso
Drive
VW Touareg
Hahaha, you know you want one :p

The colt would be a daily only, the MPS would be the all rounder so I would only have to have one car ;)

Hank Scorpio

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Lachlan
Drive
Mazda JC Cosmo, Mazda FC3C RX7 Convertible
Shit! Are the FWD? Well thats ghey...

skyrex

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Blake
Drive
Ralliart Colt
On paper they are 2kw less and 10 torques less than mine... (Stock 2.4L N/A)
But they are marginally lighter and are more nimble on their feet, which make for great city/daily car. Not so great for high speed. Can get a real unstable floaty feel to them apparently due to shorter wheelbase. I'd own one being they would be more practical for me than a VR4 giving I need my car for work purposes now, but everytime I bring them up in conversation I get shot down. :cry:
We got an 07 Corolla for the practical princess duties anyway :D

joe_da_hoe

Crunching Gears
First Name
joe
Drive
legnum, colt ralliart, ch vrx wagon
i have one, not too bad for a daily... nobody expects a little colt to whoop theyr hsv :)

Emu

Leaving Skid Marks
Lifetime Member
First Name
Wayne
Drive
1999 Galant VR4 1993 HJ V6
How do they go for extra "tall" people?

I hope Mitsubishi doesn't replace the Ralliart Colt with a Ralliart I-Miev.

joe_da_hoe

Crunching Gears
First Name
joe
Drive
legnum, colt ralliart, ch vrx wagon
as i sit in the car i have about 8" above my head, and i'm about 6'2", so not too bad for tall people, (unless you sit in the back) haha

VR4Rocket

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Kevin
Drive
Was a Ralliart Colt, was a 1997 Toyota Aristo was a 1996 Legnum..Now an XR5 Turbo
Ha ha I am going to be picking up one of these little bad boys soon.....to me they are surprisingly nippy and nimble to throw around...the Recaro's are nice, I am almost 6'2" and did not have to worry about my head knocking on the roof at all. It will be my daily driver to work and back and probably a bit of fun on the weekend...the most amazing thing that I heard from owners has been the $45 - $50 dollars to fill and 500+ km out of it.....makes me want to cry since I was paying $60 a half tank on my Aristo !

Top Bottom