RALLIART Legnum Parts With Pics + My Ralliart Airfilter

G

Unregistered
I have to agree, the power increase is not really noticeable, when I first installed it I thought hmmmm can I feel any power increase or is it in my head, so yea very hard to say.
If it did increase the hp by +10 then you would not have the doubt in your mind thinking do I have more power so if there is any power increase it’s low.

I’m sure ralliart have done the tests and research to make sure the filtration is good, as all there other air filters like the evo ralliart one are all made from the same stuff.

SiliconAngel

1 AYC Bar
First Name
SA, Trevor
Drive
'99 Legnum VR4 Black MT
I’m sure ralliart have done the tests and research to make sure the filtration is good, as all there other air filters like the evo ralliart one are all made from the same stuff.
Not necessarily - a filter designed for a track use car with a track use engine that has the manpower and budget to strip an engine down after a race doesn't NEED to provide the same filtration as one designed for a car that's meant to last 100,000 to 200,000kms between rebuilds.

I can't give you a definitive answer to the filtration question right now - all I can say is I'd be VERY careful running a filter that has questionable filtration ability in exchange for questionable (if any) power gains. 'Cause foreign material in your engine will assuredly damage it, no question about it.

G

Unregistered
593 bucks for some PLASTIC! wow.

wreakers dude!

there is guy on here wreaking his galant, just ask him.

2000VR-4

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Jason
Drive
1988 Magna (Daily) 1975 GC Galant hardtop (W/End car) 1972 GS Galant hardtop, 1973 Galant GTO X-II, 1978 Galant (Scorpion) hardtop
I think that I payed $130 for my Raliiart filter is good value as they want $99 for a stock replacement filter.
If it is an upgrade I am happy, if it isn't well it's a $40 lesson learnt.

2000VR-4

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Jason
Drive
1988 Magna (Daily) 1975 GC Galant hardtop (W/End car) 1972 GS Galant hardtop, 1973 Galant GTO X-II, 1978 Galant (Scorpion) hardtop
STOP ............................. HAMMER TIME

mallen

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Matt
Drive
2000 Legnum VR4 Type S
Australian Motors? IS that Mitsu in Nailsworth?

Kingy

Hesitantly Boosting
First Name
James
Drive
VR4 Galant 96 Series 1
stock filter rubber seal

Does anyone know if the rubber seal around the stock filter needs to be used on the Ralliart one. The dilemma I have is that I bought the stock airbox but I don't think it comes with the rubber seal. There doesn't seem to be a part number for the seal only the stock filter?

Cheers

Kingy

Hesitantly Boosting
First Name
James
Drive
VR4 Galant 96 Series 1
My new ralliart filter has just arrived and there is no extra seal that came with it to fit our airbox. I'm still waiting for the stock airbox in the mail. I'm under the assumption that the seal only comes with the stock filter (MR529773)which I've never had because I'm trying to revert it from a pod to stock airbox and Ralliart filter.
Maybe I'll have to buy the stock airfilter also to get the seal from it. Bugger!

Kingy

Hesitantly Boosting
First Name
James
Drive
VR4 Galant 96 Series 1
bout $140 from RDH Japan. I've asked them for the seal that goes around the filter. I'm hoping they'll provide it otherwise I'll have to source it from somewhere else as Mits won't provide it (non service part). If anyone has a spare, I'll gladly take off you. :p

Top Bottom