Rally Australia

SupremeMoFo

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Evan
Drive
MY01 Magna Sports
Cheers Stephen! Go to NZ next year instead, it's going back to Auckland (has been in Hamilton the past 3 years), and while WRC cars are AWESOME SPECTACULAR BRILLIANT AMAZING, the organisation of the event was terrible. And the hippies ****ing sucked.

bogan bob

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Dion
Drive
'15 Amarok
Awesome pics Evan! what do you mean by poor organisation?

Also, we could possibly do with your imput for the SA group calender submission....

Mortz

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Luke M
Drive
1997 Legnum VR4
I work in Murwillumbah at the little servo near town, the cars were running past for the Special stages while I was working so that was awesome. And had speed on tweed with all the early and late model production cars doing time trials just after the rally, and thats always cool to watch as well.
I was lazy though and didn't make it to the dirt stages, wish I had now :p

SupremeMoFo

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Evan
Drive
MY01 Magna Sports
Ooh, I haven't been on here for a couple of weeks, link Dion? I've deliberately avoided Magna photoshoots but would definitely be up for a VR-4 meet.

Organisation was just poor - granted, the other 2 WRCs I've been to were Perth (19th and last year it was run, they knew what they were doing) and NZ around Hamilton, where the spectator areas were considerably larger.

The spectator areas were FAR too small and very poorly thought out. In Perth, they had the same problem with nanny-state layouts not allowing you anywhere that might be possibly remotely dangerous. In NZ, there was a lot less nannying - plenty of places you could stand where you'd get sprayed with rocks, or if on the inside of a corner - you could get within a metre of the racing line - which I did. Talk about exhilarating! But there was none of that in this event - you really didn't get very close to the cars at all, the spectator areas just weren't large enough for people to spread out and soak up the action on multiple corners, and the spectator areas were mostly boring. Hell, in NZ, I was lying on the edge of a 3-4m high cliff taking photos of the cars beneath me. stupid nanny state Australia...

Mortz

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Luke M
Drive
1997 Legnum VR4
Thats weird. Out the front of my service station they had two 1 metre tall (or slightly higher) barriers to protect the front of our servo, fuel pumps and everything. And this was literally just over a metre from the track, and you'd assume a car rolling over the small barriers into the fuel station full of spectators would be way more dangerous (and possible) than letting some spectators stand in larger observation areas for the dirt stages. Strange logic.

G

Unregistered
Cheers Stephen! Go to NZ next year instead, it's going back to Auckland (has been in Hamilton the past 3 years), and while WRC cars are AWESOME SPECTACULAR BRILLIANT AMAZING, the organisation of the event was terrible. And the hippies ****ing sucked.

Yeah I was planning to go to NZ in the next couple of years with a few mates, and timing it with the WRC seems like a good plan.

Mind sharing or provide a link to your NZ photos? Would love to see them.

SupremeMoFo

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Evan
Drive
MY01 Magna Sports
NZ (Hamilton) 2007 - no processing on any of these, should go back and redo them some day -

IMGP0935resize.jpg

IMGP0766resize.jpg

IMGP0695resize.jpg

IMGP0686resize.jpg

lying on top of the 3-4m high drop I mentioned -
IMGP0401resize.jpg

IMGP0386resize.jpg

IMGP0210resize.jpg

Top Bottom