Rear lower arm replacement

G

Unregistered
I am in the process of selling my 99' Legnum and have discovered there are issues with the rear suspension. I need to replace the left and right rear lower arm's as they have worn to the point they will not pass roadworthy. Mitsubishi part numbers for the item in question are MR325255 (LEFT) and MR325256 (RIGHT).

12585-12841-main-legnum-vr4-rear-lower-camber-arm-1-location-17.jpg

Has anyone had to replace these items before, I have searched the parts guide but have not been able to find an after-market equivalent. Can anyone suggest where i could source these parts? Note: I currently have the genuine parts on order with the local mitsubishi dealership but after countless phone calls not being returned and a new arrival date each time I call I'm getting fed up.

mills_88

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Matt
Drive
Toyota Supra RZ - The Project
Holden Commodore SS VF Series 2 - The Daily
I quoted some up from Ralliart nz and it came to like $300 delivered for both. Genuine and new.

godzilla

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Trevor
Drive
1/19 2002 FL Legnum Type 'S' Manual in Black with Suede Recaro's!
I have taken them out of a car and it was easy.

How do you know if they are stuffed? Reason I ask is I have a bad knock coming from my rear end an am not sure what it is. How did you diagnose these to be stuffed?

Thanks

G

Unregistered
I have taken them out of a car and it was easy.

How do you know if they are stuffed? Reason I ask is I have a bad knock coming from my rear end an am not sure what it is. How did you diagnose these to be stuffed?

Thanks

It was picked up by my mechanic when they were carrying out a roadworthy on the car. Apparently there is a small amount of play with the back wheels which was attributed to the arm bushes being worn out. I wasn't experiencing any knocking noises from the rear like you have described.

ed84

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Eddie
Drive
09' Mitsubishi SWB Pajero NT X DiD, Honda CBR250rr
HAD: 99' Legnum s 2 Type S, 98' Galant S2 Type V
one by one the links that connect to the sway bar tore away from the lower control arms in my car. Had to replace the control arms (41300L/R in that pic). That caused knocks, check those... Sorry to go on a tangent Tim.

naughtika

OzVR4 Stalker
First Name
Christian
Drive
'96 Galant VR4, '17 MB A180, '25 Macan GTS
@Turbotron86.. with that rear lower control arm, there's nothing you can do about it.. its got a spherical bearing in there.. meaning it'll wobble no matter when you try and rotat it, but it'll keep the wheel on toe settings no matter what you do.. it doesn't take any load from the car as well..

I had mine replaced with an adjustable one.. not really worth the $$ i think.. best way is to replace the ball joint on that..

@Ed84 - just get a workshop to weld it up again.. and make it stronger too.. i would

Zapata

Idling at the Lights
First Name
Zeb
Drive
1996 Mitsubishi Legnum
Try http://www.amayama.com/. They are a Japanese company that can get pretty much anything. Don't know what they are like with Mitsubishi parts as I haven't needed anything for the Legnum yet but they were great for toyota parts. 9 times out of 10 they were much cheaper than anywhere else and all parts i got were genuine too.

G

Unregistered
Cheers for the feedback guys, I have done a little searching and Camskill in the UK are able to source the parts the quickest, has anyone dealt with them before? Im interested as to how long they take to post internationally. As for the people who have replaced the lower arms before, where did you source the replacement parts from, as i would much rather source them out of Australia. I spent most the afternoon calling metro Mitsubishi dealers and got pretty much the same response as i did from the local dealer, (not returning calls or not wanting to help).

qball

1 AYC Bar
First Name
David
Drive
1999 White Legnum Type S Cold Spec with Recaros+Sunroof
People source alot of stuff from Bill @ ralliart NZ

Black_Ice

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Aamir
Drive
WRX
Cheers for the feedback guys, I have done a little searching and Camskill in the UK are able to source the parts the quickest, has anyone dealt with them before? Im interested as to how long they take to post internationally. As for the people who have replaced the lower arms before, where did you source the replacement parts from, as i would much rather source them out of Australia. I spent most the afternoon calling metro Mitsubishi dealers and got pretty much the same response as i did from the local dealer, (not returning calls or not wanting to help).

I have bought from Camskill..they are not the cheapest by my standards and shipping is not super fast..I have bought my LCA from Bill and you'll get your package within 3 days tops..top bloke to deal with..that depends if he has the parts in stock..if not then its 3 weeks ex-japan..My vote goes to Bill!!

sanchez

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
rodrigo
Drive
legnum
Yeh I've dealt with Bill a bit and he is great, as Aamir said, if he has the parts you'll have them in your hands within a week of ordering, honestly can't beat it..

G

Unregistered
I ended up going with Camskill, they had the parts in stock and will dispatch tomorrow with an ETA of about 1 week. I still emailed Bill so I will see what he has to say. Thanks everyone for your help, wouldn't normally have such an urgency to get my hands on these parts!

junior

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Gary
Drive
2000 Type S Legnum

I got most of my 100k service gear from them, no problems and quite quick with postage.

Gary

G

Unregistered
Just got a quote off Bill... About $85 cheaper then Camskill and alot quicker to deliver as well!

Top Bottom