Recall status - no AYC?

G

Unregistered
Ur car is a pre-facelift right ? they all had AYC ...

leebutts

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Lee
Drive
2001 Golf GTI
Hi,

yeah it's a prefacelift (1996) - but the AYC recall would be shown if it applied to my car wouldn't it?

At least the 3 recalls that are are shown were all done :)

Lee

trounced

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Wes
Drive
1997 Mitsubishi Legnum VR4
does anyone know how we will ever find out what has or hasnt been already done to our cars ?
the only service history i know is that the timing belt has been done at 101,000km's
thanks

Esoteric

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Ryan
Drive
2001 Galant VR-4
I notice mine has only had 494, 643 784 and 1003 done.

Mitsubishi detected some play in lower right hand ball joint and suspect power steering fluid is leaking on steering rack. The recall 1003 seems to cover the issue i am experiencing with the ball joint:

On certain vehicles, the caulking of the metallic retention part of the ball joint which connects the lower arm of the front wheel shock absorber and the knuckle is insufficient. If left unfixed, water may get in, causing rust on the ball. As a result, the resin bearing may get worn out exceedingly. In the worst case, the vehicle becomes stalled. Note: this recall is to include more vehicles in the previous recall; RJ-0712-0 issued on 15 February 2001.

Hmmm, wonder if "play in lower right hand ball joint" means that i have the above problem, or it's just worn out and needs replacing.

Thanks for the link Chef.

G

Unregistered
Ok there is no such thing as a Type s or v in pre-facelift ... that was a price cut thing for the facelift models ...
The recalls here apparently should be checked by compliance (which my place obviously didn't do) ... but like my car which has stuffed ball joints, there is nothing u can do about the recalls. Mitsubishi in WA will not fix recalls (i basically got laughed at) ... I find it funny that people are so worried about them, Have u ever checked recalls on any other car u have bought ??
Apparently if ur car is still in Japan u just have to get it transported to the dealer and they will be fixed ...

bradc

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Brad
Drive
Facelift Manual 400hp VR-4 Legnum
there is no ayc recall :) there is an ASC recall, but that is only on prefacelift auto type-s cars

Kristian

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Kristian
Drive
Changes daily
Guys, click on the link I gave you. It lists how to check that the recalls have been done.

leebutts

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Lee
Drive
2001 Golf GTI
I'm not worried about the recall, just whether I have AYC to play with or not :D

All will be revealed in a month or so - yay!

Lee

Outlanded

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Brent
Drive
97 Legnum VR-4
Hey Guys,

In Regards to the recalls, The legnum that I have put down a a deposit on that is currently getting complied appears to have had only the fuel tank seal issue fixed out of the three.

The Two that have not been completed include:
1) Blower fan for AC
2) Ball Joints

I read in this thread that these items should be checked at compliance and fixed if needed, however I dont know if that will happen?

If so the guys at the DOG and Lemon Guide said the dealer should replace the parts if needed or correct the issue before it becomes a problem before i take delivery? does that sound right?

Or the other alternative is, I could take the car to a suspension workshop and get it checked out once i take delivery as I do get a warranty with the car and being that its a "recall item" i should be able to get it fixed?

Any of you guys expereienced similar issues?

Regards,
Brent

Peter_D

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Pete
Drive
Cab Colt & Evo 6
Could someone please check the recalls carried out on this chassis number. The translation doesn't make much sense to me.
<chassis number removed>
thanks

Hotwire

1 AYC Bar
Premium Member
First Name
Lee
Drive
97 COTY
When searching my car (<chassis number removed>) using google translate there seems to be only 4 fixed, Fuel Tank, ASC, Front Susp (Ball Joint I presume) and air volume control. Can't work out which one this is.

Should I be worried about any of the others?

EDIT: Read some more on the english site, seems the only one possibly affecting my car is the passenger airbag may not inflate quick enough.... oh well, sucks for passengers! LOL

leebutts

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Lee
Drive
2001 Golf GTI
It only shows the ones that are applicable to your car so if it's listed and translates to "per work performance" it means it was fixed (I think). I can't remember what it translates to when it wasn't fixed...

Also, I removed your chassis numbers as people with bad intentions may use them in scam "for sale" ads.

cheers

Lee

Top Bottom