Doing mad Helis
Lifetime Member
First Name
Nick
Drive
'96 Galant VR4 - 300kW
'19 Kia Stinger GT
'95 R33 Skyline
I'm thinking of relocating my battery to the boot to make room for some hard pipes etc etc.
I have a basic plan on how I'm gonna make it all work, I'm just not sure on a couple things.

I am going to mount the battery in the boot near where the AYC stuff used to be (I've got a LSD) and run a ground from that to somewhere on the chassis. In the bay, I was thinking of using a isolation switch and a distribution block with a voltmeter like this:
0078464473372_P321146_500X500.jpg

and running all the things that need power into the block. I was thinking of running the starter into this block as well. Planning on most likely running some welding cable under the car and up through the spot where the AYC stuff used to be and up to the new battery location.

I'm unsure about where I put my earthing kit once this has all been moved :confused: Do I move the earthing kit into the boot with the battery and find new places to run all those earths? or does it need to stay in the engine bay?

Sorry if there is already a thread for all this, I searched for a bit and couldn't find exactly what I was looking for :(

If anyone has done the relocation before, I'd like to see how you did it so I can get a better idea of how I should actually do this :LOL:

Thanks heaps!

Reactions: Don

crazynick505

Doing mad Helis
Lifetime Member
First Name
Nick
Drive
'96 Galant VR4 - 300kW
'19 Kia Stinger GT
'95 R33 Skyline
If I was to relocate the earthing kit bracket that sits currently on the negative battery terminal to somewhere on the chassis and leave the ends of the kit where they are, would that still serve its purpose?

Top Bottom