Removing Console

kiwibstokes

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Bryan
Drive
2000 Legnum Type-S
Ok, i feel stupid for asking this question, because i'm positive i've removed the console from my first legnum, however, i need to adjust the handbrake, went to remove the centre console, containing the flappy lid box cup holders etc.

I removed the screws at the back on the sides, just behind the seats. Removed the surround from the gear shift and took out the two screw under there as well, unclipped the clips from the other panels each side of the gear shifter and went for the removal of the unit, no luck i hunted around for more screws but couldn't see any, the back moves freely, so does the front it seemed to be stuck right underneath the bit you sit your drinks in ??? Anyone know if i missed something?:confused:

kiwibstokes

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Bryan
Drive
2000 Legnum Type-S
I thought that could of been the case, but there isn't one:confused: just a dot from when it was made or something, maybe it could be a bit of plastic molded over the screw

SiliconAngel

1 AYC Bar
First Name
SA, Trevor
Drive
'99 Legnum VR4 Black MT
Unlikely. Especially if you've taken it out before.

Usually a problem like that is caused by a one-way clip, where you have to undo all the screws and bolts and then slide the component in a certain direction to unclip it. If it seems to move around a bit, its a clip. If it seems solidly stuck down, its a screw.

Just don't, you know... snap anything!

Good luck!

G

Unregistered
You have to prise out the bit that pops up for the cup holder and then you can remove the bit the cups sit in. There are one or two screws under there I think. It is a bit fiddly

kiwibstokes

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Bryan
Drive
2000 Legnum Type-S
Got it, just as you said peter, have to get the cup holder out and just underneath is the annoying screw

Top Bottom