Doing mad Helis
Lifetime Member
First Name
Nick
Drive
'96 Galant VR4 - 300kW
'19 Kia Stinger GT
'95 R33 Skyline
Has anyone done a manual conversion before and removed some of this stuff from the firewall?

uw5v4Yq.jpg

I'm hoping to pull some of this out if it's not actually doing anything anymore but wanted to make sure I didn't need to keep any of it.

I'm looking to swap to a manual throttle body too. I did check the diameter of the throttle plate and they seem to be exactly the same? So should be fine performance wise as far as I can tell.

Even if I could grab a picture of someone's firewall with a factory manual trans, that'd be awesome :)

Gav

1 AYC Bar
Lifetime Member
First Name
Gav
Drive
Galant
Auto trottle body is 2mm bigger I believe.as there are 2 different plastic elbows part numbers and the manual one wouldn't fit into my auto trottle body

crazynick505

Doing mad Helis
Lifetime Member
First Name
Nick
Drive
'96 Galant VR4 - 300kW
'19 Kia Stinger GT
'95 R33 Skyline
Auto trottle body is 2mm bigger I believe.as there are 2 different plastic elbows part numbers and the manual one wouldn't fit into my auto trottle body

Mine must be different in that case. I measured them both with a caliper and they both had the exact same inner and outer diameter o_O

Maybe the PFL auto is smaller? Iunno. They are the same for me so Imma use the one with less random stuff hanging off it I shouldn't need if possible haha

Gav

1 AYC Bar
Lifetime Member
First Name
Gav
Drive
Galant
y
Mine must be different in that case. I measured them both with a caliper and they both had the exact same inner and outer diameter o_O

Maybe the PFL auto is smaller? Iunno. They are the same for me so Imma use the one with less random stuff hanging off it I shouldn't need if possible haha
maybe. i know my fl auto throttle body is bigger and also when looking as them you can see they are slightly different, where there hoses go in on top,

wintertidenz

Leaving Skid Marks
Lifetime Member
First Name
Daniel
Drive
98 Galant VR4
FL auto throttle body is the largest one of the lot. PFL auto one has all the traction control stuff.

Be aware that when you swap to a manual throttle body your ECU and/or AYC might throw a fit due to the manual TB only having one TPS.

crazynick505

Doing mad Helis
Lifetime Member
First Name
Nick
Drive
'96 Galant VR4 - 300kW
'19 Kia Stinger GT
'95 R33 Skyline
FL auto throttle body is the largest one of the lot. PFL auto one has all the traction control stuff.

Be aware that when you swap to a manual throttle body your ECU and/or AYC might throw a fit due to the manual TB only having one TPS.

I don't have AYC anymore so that part should be fine. I'm gonna be swapping to a plastic case ECU when the new engine goes in, do you reckon I should be sourcing a manual ECU as well?

Gav

1 AYC Bar
Lifetime Member
First Name
Gav
Drive
Galant
I don't have AYC anymore so that part should be fine. I'm gonna be swapping to a plastic case ECU when the new engine goes in, do you reckon I should be sourcing a manual ECU as well?
Nope auto ecu is fine. I'm running mine still and haven't needed to get it reflashed. But in saying that it will help with performance and fuel if you do get it tuned

crazynick505

Doing mad Helis
Lifetime Member
First Name
Nick
Drive
'96 Galant VR4 - 300kW
'19 Kia Stinger GT
'95 R33 Skyline
Nope auto ecu is fine. I'm running mine still and haven't needed to get it reflashed. But in saying that it will help with performance and fuel if you do get it tuned

Sweet. Yeah all getting tuned when it's back together :)

Anyone got pics if their manual firewall? So I know what I can try and take out

Tony_T

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Tony
Drive
Legnum VR-4 1997
If you do remove all those bits, I'd be very interested in finding out what the freight cost to NZ for those two TCL solenoid valves: I have had to do a 'heath robinson' repair on one and there don't seem to be any undamaged ones at any of the wreckers here: most have had the nipples broken off.

crazynick505

Doing mad Helis
Lifetime Member
First Name
Nick
Drive
'96 Galant VR4 - 300kW
'19 Kia Stinger GT
'95 R33 Skyline
Here you go.

I can't see anything :eek:

If you do remove all those bits, I'd be very interested in finding out what the freight cost to NZ for those two TCL solenoid valves: I have had to do a 'heath robinson' repair on one and there don't seem to be any undamaged ones at any of the wreckers here: most have had the nipples broken off.

We'll see if I can even have them off without any issues. Hopefully I don't break them :LOL:

Top Bottom