Removing MMCS harness??

MattF

Crunching Gears
First Name
Matt
Drive
1998 VR4 spec V manual
In the process of converting to standard A/C, can anyone guide me onto where the MMCS harness goes? I'm a stickler for tidy wiring and I'd like to remove all trace of it if possible. Is there a separate controller/gps module etc somewhere? It's a fatttt harness.

MattF

Crunching Gears
First Name
Matt
Drive
1998 VR4 spec V manual
If anyone is interested it can be done fairly easily. The mmcs loom goes down and under the passenger seat and merges with a smaller loom going to the rear. I'll post pics when I'm done.

Dice

1 AYC Bar
Lifetime Member
First Name
DiceR
Drive
Galant VR-4 2xT25bb
Nissan Cube
Is the factory wiring different, does that mean you can't install MMCS into a non-MMCS car?

MattF

Crunching Gears
First Name
Matt
Drive
1998 VR4 spec V manual
I think that's correct not 100% sure though. The dash pics I've seen of non mmcs cars dont have the harness.

CANDEE

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Jeremy
Drive
1998 Galant VR4
The passenger side sill loom is different between MMCS and normal. Ive done the removal on mine. the best way is to unplug it and tuck all the unused stuff under the carpet...

MattF

Crunching Gears
First Name
Matt
Drive
1998 VR4 spec V manual
Ah cool yeah I'm removing it all just for the hell of it while I'm fixing up the sound system wiring. Got a bit of time to kill while waiting for speaker wire. I noticed where it joins up with the smaller loom a few wires go to the front so I assume they are to interface with the aircon wiring.

CANDEE

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Jeremy
Drive
1998 Galant VR4
Off the top of my head there are two plugs from the mmcs in the dash that arent used with the normal setup.

MattF

Crunching Gears
First Name
Matt
Drive
1998 VR4 spec V manual
Yeah from what I've read there's a few optional bits for it (TV module?). The harness going to the back has I think 3 or 4 fat plugs on it so I guess they just stack the optional MMCS bits there where the CD stacker goes. Also in the boot at the same spot was a small square plug, not plugged into anything, with black wire that goes up the back C pillar. Maybe to the antenna or something?

Either way I reckon I cut out at least 1kg of wiring today!

Top Bottom