Lifetime Member
First Name
Nick
Drive
'96 Galant VR4 - 300kW
'19 Kia Stinger GT
'95 R33 Skyline
Hey guys,

I have a Automate system installed in my VR4 (I believe Scott @Ozyvr4 installed it while TJ owned her)

I have had a bit of an issue where I fumbled my keys and my car was able to start itself in 1st while facing downhill into a ute. :facepalm:

Does anyone have any idea how I could go about disabling this or even making it only activate while in Neutral?
I think it was all installed while the car was still an Auto possibly. So that could have something to do with it.

Thanks heaps!

JediRuss

Hesitantly Boosting
First Name
Russ
Drive
'98 Legnum
'98 Toyota MR2 Turbo
I remember a system that a friend used while running a car audio store about 20 years ago. The installer used a micro switch that was activated when gear lever came out of a gear. Providing a signal (or not) and deactivating it in gear. Again providing a signal or not. I cannot remember the details. But it locked the start function if the incorrect signal was received from the switch.

Good luck

crazynick505

Doing mad Helis
Lifetime Member
First Name
Nick
Drive
'96 Galant VR4 - 300kW
'19 Kia Stinger GT
'95 R33 Skyline
Yeah I definitely don't have any of that left in my gear stick area, this was all installed while the car was an auto and it's been converted to manual since.

Reactions: Gav

crazynick505

Doing mad Helis
Lifetime Member
First Name
Nick
Drive
'96 Galant VR4 - 300kW
'19 Kia Stinger GT
'95 R33 Skyline
So I found a little switch near my obd2 port that disables the handbrake signal to my alarm system, disabling remote start.

Thank God (Scott?) for that.. haha

Top Bottom