Replacement: Lower right control arm

G

Unregistered
we get all the outstanding recalls carried out in the UK should be the same in aus

When I said I was told ... it was from Mitsubishi themselves ... I tryed to get my lower control arms replaced ... they said nope. They were going to charge me $750 just for the parts. I ended up getting them for $450 posted from Japan ...

naughtika

OzVR4 Stalker
First Name
Christian
Drive
'96 Galant VR4, '17 MB A180, '25 Macan GTS
mitsu australia sucks.. all they want is to make $$$ and that's it. I tried to get my car (olg 7g) stuff done at car at springwood, they were telling me that i have to pay for freight and stuff..

SiliconAngel

1 AYC Bar
First Name
SA, Trevor
Drive
'99 Legnum VR4 Black MT
Interesting stuff. That says suspension lower control arm (2003/11/20) and blower fan airflow control unit (2005/04/12).

Is there an easy way to tell if these have already been done in Japan? What are Mitsubishi's legal obligations for factory recalls on grey market imports?

G

Unregistered
mine says something about fan control, lower control arm, ASC, and fuel pump cap.

however babelfish wont translate for me, and i have no idea what i'm doing wrong... :/

G

Unregistered
One
Gallun, REGUNAMU, ASUPAIA air volume control unit about the BUROAFAN
Recall 4/12/2005
Work conducted Je
Two
Gallun, including three car models REGUNAMU front suspension (ROAAMU)
Recall 2003/11/20
Work conducted Je
Three
Gallun, REGUNAMU VR-4 series of ASC
Recall 2001/11/08
Work conducted Je
Four
Gallun, REGUNAMU, including 4 of motor vehicle (4WD vehicle) of a fuel tank
Recall 2000/07/26
Work conducted Je

Engrish no speaka!

SiliconAngel

1 AYC Bar
First Name
SA, Trevor
Drive
'99 Legnum VR4 Black MT
So if it says 'Work Conducted' (作業実施済) that means the recall parts have been replaced already?

Haha I just remembered a quote from the American CEO of GM criticising Microsoft and comparing software to cars, and how pathetic the software industry was releasing half-finished products etc...

But defect recalls happen ALL the time in the auto industry, and they sound suspisciously like software patches to me... ;)

G

Unregistered
Yes "work conducted " means it has alredy been done and "work unadministered" if not.

G

Unregistered
I only have 2 that come up.

1 Gallun, REGUNAMU, ASUPAIA BUROAFAN the air volume control unit about the recall 4/12/2005 work already conducted

2 Gallun, including three car models REGUNAMU front suspension (ROAAMU) for the recall 2003/11/20 work already conducted

Fred

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Fred
Drive
1998 Legnum VR-4 & 1999 Legnum VR-4 w. Recaros
can't figure out the website, can someone be kind enough to check mine for me, the vin is 6u9000ec5w5102902...thanks heaps guys...Fred.

G

Unregistered
can't figure out the website, can someone be kind enough to check mine for me, the vin is 6u9000ec5w5102902...thanks heaps guys...Fred.

All done by the look of this

Gallun, REGUNAMU, ASUPAIA BUROAFAN the air volume control unit about the recall 4/12/2005 work already conducted
2 Gallun, including three car models REGUNAMU front suspension (ROAAMU) for the recall 2003/11/20 work already conducted
3 Gallun, REGUNAMU, including 4 of motor vehicle (4WD vehicle) fuel tank on the recall 2000/07/26 work already conducted

SiliconAngel

1 AYC Bar
First Name
SA, Trevor
Drive
'99 Legnum VR4 Black MT
JFYI, Fred when doing anything that requires your chassis number EXCEPT Australian licensing, just use the EC5W5102902 part. So for looking up parts, talking to Mitsubishi, ordering anything for the car etc.

The 6U9000 bit is added on by Australian authorities to comply with the Australian VIN (Vehicle Identification Number) system.

Fred

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Fred
Drive
oh....ok...cheers guys, good to know, already another problem, changed my oil today, put Castrol Edge 5w30 in it, and a Z411 RYCO filter on it, and the tappets are ticking staight away...???

SiliconAngel

1 AYC Bar
First Name
SA, Trevor
Drive
'99 Legnum VR4 Black MT
Check your level - if its not right up to the top line, fill it 'til it is. After you've done a full oil and filter change its common for the level to drop a little once its been run. If you haven't topped the oil right up it won't able to build up enough pressure in the hydraulic lifters so they will be noisey.

Fred

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Fred
Drive
nope, the oil is a bee's dick over full, still ticking, as soon as i changed the oil and filter....??? is the Z411 filter too small or somthing??? I hate noisy lifters, i had a Mazda V6...lol

RaZZa137

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Rowan
Drive
1998 PFL Legnum VR4 2012 Skoda Superb 1990 Suzuki GSF250
is the ticking engine just a mitsubishi thing caz ive noticed it on a LOT of magnas

bradc

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Brad
Drive
Facelift Manual 400hp VR-4 Legnum
it's just part of owning a Mitsi :)

A good quality filter and good oil will stop it most of the time.

RaZZa137

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Rowan
Drive
1998 PFL Legnum VR4 2012 Skoda Superb 1990 Suzuki GSF250
either that or it's a sign the engine is blowing up.....lol

Top Bottom