Replacement: Lower right control arm

Fred

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Fred
Drive
1998 Legnum VR-4 & 1999 Legnum VR-4 w. Recaros
hope not....lol....hope it goes next service, can't hear it without the bonnet open, but i know its there....hate damn lifters......anyone recommend a good oil to stop the lifters...

SiliconAngel

1 AYC Bar
First Name
SA, Trevor
Drive
'99 Legnum VR4 Black MT
Quite a few people have reported success using a larger diameter filter. You can go as wide as you like as long as the thread and the seal diameter are the same.

Having replaced the lifters on my Magna, that was caused by the original ones failing to hold pressure correctly. Fortunately there were only 8 to replace at $9 each. There are 24 on the VR4 at between $20 to $55 each, depending on where you source them, making a full replacement an expensive proposition. The upside is they won't affect anything much in an overhead cam as long as they don't get TOO bad. If one of them completely fails, though, the rocker arm will end up smashing down onto the valve stem which could bend it at high power & rpm, which is of course Bad.

Having said that most people have noisey lifters for many years with no real problems (other than the noise). But if you're like me that noise can REALLY bug you... :(

RaZZa137

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Rowan
Drive
1998 PFL Legnum VR4 2012 Skoda Superb 1990 Suzuki GSF250
is it possible to make any adjustments so that they don't make noise or do you jsut have to altogether replace them????

Nash

Leaving Skid Marks
Lifetime Member
First Name
Craig
Drive
1988 Honda CRX (Series 2)
1998 FL Legnum VR-4
2012 Kia Optima Platnum
I only had two

1 Gallun, including three car models REGUNAMU front suspension (ROAAMU) for the recall 2003/11/20 work already conducted
2 Gallun, REGUNAMU, including 4 of motor vehicle (4WD vehicle) fuel tank on the recall 2000/07/26 work already conducted

Hey, does anyone know where I can get a rear lower control arm for an EC5W. Just had my tyres done and the shop says the lower rear is bent, and they cant align the wheels properly. They say probably was caused from shipping tie downs.

Grrrr...

Top Bottom