requesting how to remove the dash board?

G

Unregistered
guys I wanna remove the dashboard...

Do you guys have the instruction of how to remove the front dash board? where are the bolts that needs to be removed located.

Mortz

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Luke M
Drive
1997 Legnum VR4
There are no bolts, only clips. First you gotta get like a knife or blade covered in a cloth to lift up the panel behind the gear shifter and lift it up gently to get that part loosened up. Then you want to open the glove box and put your hand up the right side and behind the cars Climate control screen/controls. If you are careful you can pop this right out with a little bit of pressure. There is like 6 plastic clips which should be pretty easy to slide out. Took me about 2 hours taking my time and im sure as hell no technical genius. Just make sure to reconnect any cords you pull before putting it all back together. Here's another thread with someone else also explaining how to do it. Good luck and just don't rush it.
http://ozvr4.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1464&highlight=centre+console

EDIT: Thats to remove the centre console, oops my bad. No idea on how to remove the dashboard sorry mate.

bradc

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Brad
Drive
Facelift Manual 400hp VR-4 Legnum
The entire dash? Carsten did it recently, send him a PM, his username is Gly

G

Unregistered
there all over the place,

behind the instrument cluster,
behind the left and right air vents,
behind the glove box up by the airbag,
and up behind the sides of the center console.

you need to remove the steering wheel.
and center console/arm rest/glove box thing

jungle

3 AYC Bars
Lifetime Member
First Name
Simon
Drive
1 PFL & 1 FL Legnum
Quick hi-jack Carsten to get at the heater under the dash, do you need to take the dash out?

G

Unregistered
no you dont

remove the glove box, de-gas the air con and remove the air con box, then disconnect heater hoses and remove heater core from the rear of the heater box.

G

Unregistered
no worries... not a dash out job like those crappy nissans :p

jungle

3 AYC Bars
Lifetime Member
First Name
Simon
Drive
1 PFL & 1 FL Legnum
Sweet, silly yes, looking at getting another one...:eek:

Top Bottom