Retrim door cards

Smurph

Leaving Skid Marks
Lifetime Member
First Name
Symond
Drive
1997 VR4 Galant PFL
I have removed the door cards from my Galant, the door cards don't seem to simply pull apart. I want to separate the cloth section to retrim the material. And Im stuck.
Has anyone done this before and can provide any advice.

Cheers

VOLK

Stabbin' technique!
First Name
Joey T
Drive
13 RA Lancer Hackzilla
Pretty sure the cloth sections are glued to the plastic trims with contact adhesive. @unclepaulie has changed the trim on his before and may be able to shed some light/confirm?

unclepaulie

hellatemplate ;)
Lifetime Member
First Name
Paul
Drive
hairdresser spec lancer coupe
correct, theyre just glued on. i used a steak knife (any sharpish/wide instrument shall do) and picked it up from the door handle cutout and just ripped it off. easy

Smurph

Leaving Skid Marks
Lifetime Member
First Name
Symond
Drive
1997 VR4 Galant PFL
So you just left the door as a whole and then just pulled the trim off, how did you add the new material? Or did you pull the back apart as, it looks two complicated and there aren't clips

Attachments

• 20141007_221124.jpg
    20141007_221124.jpg
    257 KB · Views: 45
  • 20141007_221112.jpg
    20141007_221112.jpg
    323.3 KB · Views: 45

unclepaulie

hellatemplate ;)
Lifetime Member
First Name
Paul
Drive
hairdresser spec lancer coupe
new material has to be stretched and tucked into the grooves. its just a sheet of material cut to size and glued in.

80A6B42C-5BDD-4747-B63F-7F4E08890322_zpswru3ntuf.jpg

Smurph

Leaving Skid Marks
Lifetime Member
First Name
Symond
Drive
1997 VR4 Galant PFL
Thank you, answered all my questions. I know what to do. Did you add padding and if you were to do it again, would you?

G

Unregistered
I assume these are facelifted trims? I was able to pull the entire insert out of the door when re-trimming mine

Smurph

Leaving Skid Marks
Lifetime Member
First Name
Symond
Drive
1997 VR4 Galant PFL
Nar PFL, the door inserts that came with my vehicle are two pieces and don't easily come apart

Smurph

Leaving Skid Marks
Lifetime Member
First Name
Symond
Drive
1997 VR4 Galant PFL
I did a whole write up on this if anyone else comes to this page looking for information

G

Unregistered
Hmm, how odd. This is what I did with mine - the red section I was able to detach from the actual trim, its only held in with little metal tabs. The top half I believe I could have cut off the plastic welds, but I was too lazy haha

Attachments

• 2014-10-26 23.28.48.jpg
    2014-10-26 23.28.48.jpg
    133.2 KB · Views: 47

slickd1

Wizard
Lifetime Member
First Name
Matthew Dundon
Drive
1998 EC5W Manual Legnum.
I did a whole write up on this if anyone else comes to this page looking for information
Awesome cheers, will look in the guides and writeups section. I have sime spare bride fabric left after doing my seat.

Gav

1 AYC Bar
Lifetime Member
First Name
Gav
Drive
Galant
new material has to be stretched and tucked into the grooves. its just a sheet of material cut to size and glued in.

just bumping up an old post. these look great.where did you get the fabric from?
ive just installed some blue and black evo 8 recaro front seats. and they dont really match the red and black on the door cards. so thinking of doing this to mine

Top Bottom