First Name
Dimi
Drive
NSX/Magna/M5
Product: Liquimoly Tappet Stop Noise
How much: $14.95
Where to buy: Super Cheap Auto
What it does: (Claims) to dampen lifter noise
Review: Okay. So this time, instead of using Amsoil oil i serviced the engine with Castrol Edge Sport 5w30 on it's own. Without surprise, the ticking and tapping did not improve at all - even after a 1000kms worth of driving.
So I decided to add Liquimoly's Tappet Stop Noise additive.
Sadly, after 800kms with Liquimoly, It hardly made a difference.
Conclusion: Even though the brand name sounds edible and the canister looks professional, save your pennies and get Pro-ma, Amsoil oil or the 2in1 lifter treatment for Mitsubishi's.

maimai2.jpg

maimai3.jpg

maimai.jpg

gorgath

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Irwin
Drive
1997 Legnum RED!!!
As I said bro, I am doing my oil change this weekend, since your oil is waiting to be pick up, Maybe you might want to change your oil again on the day and I can spare you 100ml of pro-ma.

Mortz

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Luke M
Drive
1997 Legnum VR4
I'm finding the same with Motul Xcess 8100 5w40 Full Synthetic. Has made the car sound a lot better and it's running very smooth. Highly reccomended, but not cheap at around $60 per 5 litres.

Scottie

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Scott
Drive
1999 Type S Legnum
Also, I have used both the Liqui-Moly Octane Booster and the Injector Cleaner, both were rubbish and the octane booster even set me back $32!

VR4Rocket

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Kevin
Drive
Was a Ralliart Colt, was a 1997 Toyota Aristo was a 1996 Legnum..Now an XR5 Turbo
I took Christians advice and went with FUCHS 5w40 Titan SuperSynth and it has been working great

G

Unregistered
I took Christians advice and went with FUCHS 5w40 Titan SuperSynth and it has been working great

so its okay to use fully syn in our cars ?? what weights are yous running?? like does any one know of the standard weight we should be running i wanna get amsoil next time and stay with it depending on how hard it is for me to find around here or ill use motul !! motul is in my car now turbolite slight tappin sound nothing major atm

Mortz

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Luke M
Drive
1997 Legnum VR4
Dimi: I got mine from Autobarn, got it a bit cheaper on special but im pretty sure that it retails for like $70 for 5L. Sounds like Autobarn in your area is jacking the price up more than a little, have a look around at some other auto shops.
And i'm Pretty sure fully synth is recommnded now for these cars, maybe not back in 97 or whatever as synths weren't that popular. I was running semi synth 10w40 but I feel that the car is running a whole lot smoother on full synthetic 5w40. Search around the forums for more info. Im running the one up from Turbolite (Xcess i think) because i'm pretty sure the Turbolite is only partly synthetic. Try a full synth and it might quiten the tappets a bit, did with mine.

naughtika

OzVR4 Stalker
First Name
Christian
Drive
'96 Galant VR4, '17 MB A180, '25 Macan GTS

Kev, glad to know you're liking it.. like I said before, Fuchs is my alternative to Amsoil.. how's the oil looking?! color wise.. and any ticking so far?!
so its okay to use fully syn in our cars ?? what weights are yous running?? like does any one know of the standard weight we should be running i wanna get amsoil next time and stay with it depending on how hard it is for me to find around here or ill use motul !! motul is in my car now turbolite slight tappin sound nothing major atm

Mik87.. as everyone here recommends 0w30 would be best for our car since its a v6 twin turbo DOHC.. also its a high revving monster..

but if you can't get hold of 0w30 i guess 5/10w30/40 is also suitable, but keep in mind you need FULL SYNTH.. NO EXCEPTION.. LOL...

gorgath

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Irwin
Drive
1997 Legnum RED!!!
We'll I've done my oil change today.

I did used the Pro-ma MBL8 and I was impress. No ticking at all and it was dead quite at all. Sound of the engine was like a new engine.

Now, I hope this stays well until 500kms and so further.

Top Bottom