RHD JAPAN

G

Unregistered
im considering buying some tein suspension from rhd japan and maybe an intercooler kit and im just wondering if anyone one here has any experience with these guys and has any good/bad comments about them?

2000VR-4

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Jason
Drive
1988 Magna (Daily) 1975 GC Galant hardtop (W/End car) 1972 GS Galant hardtop, 1973 Galant GTO X-II, 1978 Galant (Scorpion) hardtop
Why buy from Japan??? There are plenty of Aus stockists of new TEIN struts?

G

Unregistered
I am thinking of going for a Jap cooler, i think Nick is brining one in

J-B

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Jarrad
Drive
EVO VII GSR
One thing to remember with buying from overseas is that if its over 1k in price you will have to pay import taxes and duties, just something to remember.

Also does anyone know the product numbers for the Tein coilovers for the legnum/Galants so we could try to get a price from an Australian stockist? :)

G

Unregistered
i did try and see if i could get a greddy intercooler kit from here but i got a price from autobarn and after about 15 minutes of explaining what my car is they got a price which was $1700. There about $1300 from rhd so if the taxes are less than $400 which i reckon it would be then its is cheaper. has anyone else been given a price

G

Unregistered
i've been quoted about $1900 for tein coilovers in australia, and i almost bought the ones off RHS for ~$1500 EMS.

2000VR-4

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Jason
Drive
1988 Magna (Daily) 1975 GC Galant hardtop (W/End car) 1972 GS Galant hardtop, 1973 Galant GTO X-II, 1978 Galant (Scorpion) hardtop
One thing to remember with buying from overseas is that if its over 1k in price you will have to pay import taxes and duties, just something to remember.

Also does anyone know the product numbers for the Tein coilovers for the legnum/Galants so we could try to get a price from an Australian stockist? :)

We are a registered stockist, I will find out tomorrow some pricing and part numbers for you. Might post them in a new thread about this time tomorrow night.

2000VR-4

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Jason
Drive
i've been quoted about $1900 for tein coilovers in australia, and i almost bought the ones off RHS for ~$1500 EMS.

Once you add taxes and shipping they will prolly cost ya the same if not more. Also, if they are wrong ya can't take them back.

zErTeK[2k]

Crunching Gears
First Name
Nathan
Drive
Varis Widebody Evo 5
Mk4 Golf GTi
I can get genuine GReddy intercooler kits thru work but they are the top of the line GReddy coolers and are not cheap. they do however have a specific kit for the VR4 which comes with some piping im just not sure how much piping.

G

Unregistered
I can get genuine GReddy intercooler kits thru work but they are the top of the line GReddy coolers and are not cheap. they do however have a specific kit for the VR4 which comes with some piping im just not sure how much piping.

how much can you get a kit for?
i just fiited a greddy intercooler kit to a mates soarer the other night and it was pretty easy. i was hoping the vr4 one would be just as easy

VR-04-TT

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Paul
Drive
2005 Liberty 3.0R Spec B
At the VERY least (and I mean VERY least as you'll most likely get all sorts of hidden charges) you'll be charged 5% stamp duty and 10% gst on what you import over 1000 bucks. Remembering that the stamp duty and gst will always go last and in that order to really screw the money out of you.

Buy local and support the local market (here I am saying that when we're all importing cars lol), mainly for the support network so if anything goes wrong..you have a way to get it sorted...if it's from overseas...you'll be on your own.

And that to me is priceless.

2000VR-4

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Jason
Drive
At the VERY least (and I mean VERY least as you'll most likely get all sorts of hidden charges) you'll be charged 5% stamp duty and 10% gst on what you import over 1000 bucks. Remembering that the stamp duty and gst will always go last and in that order to really screw the money out of you.

Buy local and support the local market (here I am saying that when we're all importing cars lol), mainly for the support network so if anything goes wrong..you have a way to get it sorted...if it's from overseas...you'll be on your own.

And that to me is priceless.

What he said

zErTeK[2k]

Crunching Gears
First Name
Nathan
Drive
Varis Widebody Evo 5
Mk4 Golf GTi
ill look into coil overs aswell but pretty sure all the brands we do at work dont do anything for the VR4 however i can get tiens and HSD & JIC if they are wanted.

zErTeK[2k]

Crunching Gears
First Name
Nathan
Drive
Varis Widebody Evo 5
Mk4 Golf GTi
oh and I could get Ohlins as im sure they would list something for them but they are very exy.

J-B

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Jarrad
Drive
EVO VII GSR
hey 2002VR-4, as you are a stockist of tein coilovers and are located in sa you may be able to help me with my question about coilovers.

Ive heard from a bunch of people that they are illegal? do you know if this is true or is it just that they are illegal in the sense that the car is to low?

cheers for your help if you know anything

zErTeK[2k]

Crunching Gears
First Name
Nathan
Drive
Varis Widebody Evo 5
Mk4 Golf GTi
OK Guys,

The top of the line GReddy cooler kit ( Spec R ) which is 248x600x76 core size is about $1900 RRP

The next best ( Spec V ) which is 194x600x76 core size is about $1500 RRP

These are made in Japan to the highest standards etc I couldnt be bothered trying to sell them to you in a write up hahaha to lazy

If a few of you guys are interested I can organise a group buy thing and get better pricing. Those prices are also landed over here in aus :)

-Nathan

2000VR-4

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Jason
Drive
hey 2002VR-4, as you are a stockist of tein coilovers and are located in sa you may be able to help me with my question about coilovers.

Ive heard from a bunch of people that they are illegal? do you know if this is true or is it just that they are illegal in the sense that the car is to low?

cheers for your help if you know anything

Nothing is illegal until ya get caught, lol jk

But seriously, I have run cars through Regency (RTA) with coil overs fitted without a problem, they were of course set at legal height. But I have also had them knocked back.
So I guess the short answer is......... I don't know, lol
I have never had a problem with damper and camber adjustable struts, only height.
We ran a R32 threw rego today with height adjustable Bilsteins all around, wound up to 360mm and it passed, so I really think it depends on who you get either at rego or the copper.

Sorry, not much help really :(

Top Bottom