Rims that will clear brembo's.....

SLY-031

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Joel
Drive
VR-4 Legnum
I think it comes down to the person advertising them and how much they take some random person's word for it.

Every 17x9 DriftTek I have seen is +35. The 17x8 come in +30, 17x9.5 in +18.

Look at the back of the wheel for measurements, don't listen to the knobend behind the desk.

G

Unregistered
ok cool... cause a set of black drift-tek's in 17x9 +35 is EXACTLY what i want!

SLY-031

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Joel
Drive
VR-4 Legnum
If that is the case, make sure you shop around and talk the price down. You should be able to get a full set for $1200 or so, not including tyres.

Will be good to see what they look like on a lowered Legnum.

G

Unregistered
I think these A-Tech finalspeed Favor IX wheels look good.
Would 17x8 +35 clear Brembo's? Is the shape OK?

Video link on this page if you go down to them.
http://www.halfmile.co.jp/products/wheel/wheel_movie/wheelmovie_index.html

toprogo2.gif

carwheel.jpg

wheel1.jpg

spec1.gif

MPBVr4

Crunching Gears
First Name
Malc
Drive
1997 Vr4 Galant Type S
Nice looking wheels. Difficult to say if they will fit over Brembo. The offset
looks OK but depends on the thickness and profile of the "spokes". Ask if they will fit EVO6 onwards and you should be OK

G

Unregistered
Where do you buy the drift-tek "bee r5" copy white wheels.?

SLY-031

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Joel
Drive
VR-4 Legnum
Where do you buy the drift-tek "bee r5" copy white wheels.?

Hi mate, noticed you are in Stockholm. Have absolutely no idea on availability of this wheel where you are, but there is probably someone local that stocks them. Otherwise, you will need to import them from someone here in Australia, which will not be cheap.

They are also un-available in white. All the white ones you have seen have been painted or powder coated.

The other wheel which is the same style as the DriftTek is the URAS NS-01 wheel.

Available directly from Japan, which should be cheaper than purchasing through an Australian agent.

G

Unregistered
it depends on spoke design.

there is pretty much no way of saying weather a wheel will clear brembos unless...

the manufacturer specifys Evo 5 or Newer fitment,
or test fitting the wheel......

there is NO GUARANTEE that it will fit.

wheel width and offset are not the only problem when it comes to brembos,
its also Spoke design.

2000VR-4

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Jason
Drive
1988 Magna (Daily) 1975 GC Galant hardtop (W/End car) 1972 GS Galant hardtop, 1973 Galant GTO X-II, 1978 Galant (Scorpion) hardtop
You need EVO spec rims, when you are searching for wheels just to retailers you have an EVO VII and you will be ok.
I got some 18x8 Cheetah rims for my car, tried them on an EVO and they clear fine. Now all I need is the Brembos lol

G

Unregistered
ENKEIGTC01hyperblack2.jpg

mmmmmm these look hot! not sure if they are 18x8 +35 might be.
Double valves? Whats the advanage there?
Oh hang on they need to be 114.3 not 114?
http://translate.google.com/translate?u=http%3A%2F%2Fpage5.auctions.yahoo.co.jp%2Fjp%2Fauction%2Fe70638961&langpair=ja%7Cen&hl=en&ie=UTF-8

and 18-8.0/114.3/+40 don't know if they would clear the brembo's

http://images.google.com.au/imgres?...p=21&um=1&hl=en&rlz=1T4HPAB_enAU241AU242&sa=N

EDIT: Sizes http://www.evasivemotorsports.com/merchant2/merchant.mvc?Screen=CTGY&Category_Code=ENKEI-GTC01

bradc

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Brad
Drive
Facelift Manual 400hp VR-4 Legnum
being enkei wheels (japanese) they will be 114.3. Send an email to enkei themselves, and ask if they will fit on an evo

G

Unregistered
With the enkei GTC01's I phoned up the distributor and asked if 18x8 +40 would fit an evo 8.
He thinks so but said get a tyre store to order one in to make sure it fits just to be sure as they are designed for large brakes.
But the average price here in oz is way too much about $500 each. 17x8 +40 would be a bit cheaper so they might be the go.
I bet japan has them much cheaper.

Also another question 17" vs 18"
17" = cheaper rims+tyres and lighter
18"= Little bit more expensive, look better, better performace?

SiliconAngel

1 AYC Bar
First Name
SA, Trevor
Drive
'99 Legnum VR4 Black MT
18"= 1) Little bit more expensive, 2) look better, 3) better performace?
1) Yes
2) Depends on taste - larger rims can look cool, but not if the tyre gets too thin - then they just look bling gay... SPECIALLY on a ute or 4WD!!! >.<
3) No

2000VR-4

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Jason
Drive
1988 Magna (Daily) 1975 GC Galant hardtop (W/End car) 1972 GS Galant hardtop, 1973 Galant GTO X-II, 1978 Galant (Scorpion) hardtop
Performance is relative.
What ya want from a purely performance outlook is the least unsprung weight poss. For every kilo a rim weighs you times it by 4 to get the rotating mass, ie: a 15kg rim will create 60kg of unsprung weight at speed.
Having said that lighter weight wheels are prone to weakness (there are no pot holes on a race track) and can be easily damaged in day to day driving.

Top Bottom