Rims that will clear brembo's.....

Outlanded

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Brent
Drive
97 Legnum VR-4
Hey Guys,

I am having some much trouble finding out what rims will clear brembo's.

I called Tempe's regarding the Lenso Widetracks (What I had my mind set on to be told they wont clear brembos.... dont make sense as they are suppose to clear brake upgrades and I have been told by a local tyre shop that they will... who to beleive! anyone know what wheels will?

Cheers,
Brent

SLY-031

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Joel
Drive
VR-4 Legnum
Is there a local tyre store that stocks these wheels? Your best bet is to try some on if you are that keen on them.

Otherwise I am of the understanding that all EVO wheels fit.

SiliconAngel

1 AYC Bar
First Name
SA, Trevor
Drive
'99 Legnum VR4 Black MT
Brent can you find out the internal diameter of the rim and depth / clearance? If you can compare that to the EVO rims you should be able to work it out...

bradc

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Brad
Drive
Facelift Manual 400hp VR-4 Legnum
As long as the wheel can fit onto an evo 5/6 you will be fine. As for clearing brembo's, some of those Lenso wheels might, but others might not due to a difference in offset or similar.

VR-04-TT

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Paul
Drive
2005 Liberty 3.0R Spec B
Let them know what sort of brembos too. There are different types out there.

And brad beat me to it...I was going to say what he said too

Outlanded

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Brent
Drive
97 Legnum VR-4
sounds good guys.

when i spoke to tempes last week they were arrogant didnt even seem they knew what a legnum was, so i sent them an email asking same question and must of got the same guy reply.... ill send them an email now from my gf's email saying i have an evo 6 will they fit.

that way i should definatly find out.

the strange thing is, they are the distributor for oz for lenso and the local tyre guy buys from them and he was told that they would clear brembo's.... i will let you guys know once i know.

cheers
brent

Outlanded

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Brent
Drive
97 Legnum VR-4
Lenso DC6 will fit... widetracks apparently wont clear brembo's on evo 6 hence they wont clear them on a legnum :( ....

You guys know of any other wheels that have dish that might fit....?

VR-04-TT

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Paul
Drive
2005 Liberty 3.0R Spec B
I've never known anyone who's dealt with Tempe who's liked their service. I honestly don't know how they're still around.

Outlanded

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Brent
Drive
97 Legnum VR-4
yeah, the only way they stay in business is their prices.... bit like when you buy computer parts from a "yum cha shop like MSI" you dont get the service but you get the prices.... same theory applies i beleive.

G

Unregistered
getting dish and high brake clearance would be hard on a car with a +30-40ish offset.. even GTR's with +15ish dont get much dish either.

Outlanded

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Brent
Drive
97 Legnum VR-4
yeah i know..... hoping that there is something.... Im thinking just buy the widetracks local provided they will promise they fit over brembos then if they dont they are liable.... i guees.. if he willing to put his word on it.

SiliconAngel

1 AYC Bar
First Name
SA, Trevor
Drive
'99 Legnum VR4 Black MT
Haha dude you are ASKING for trouble there - especially if the guy has to get them in specially - he's going to feel screwed over if he goes to the effort of freighting them over, sticking tires on them etc only to have you say 'nope they don't fit I want a refund'. I guess that's his lookout too, but I wouldn't like to put someone in that position deliberately...

Outlanded

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Brent
Drive
97 Legnum VR-4
yes and no, the called the distributor and he was told yes they will clear brembo's. he confidently told me that it will, when it come to it if they didnt fit its not really my fault, if he has assured me it will be fine especially if i get him to double check etc, thats when the liability will go back to the distributor.

bradc

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Brad
Drive
Facelift Manual 400hp VR-4 Legnum
yeah just say you have evo brembo's and if it doesn't fit over the calipers, then that is their problem!

Outlanded

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Brent
Drive
97 Legnum VR-4
hey guys,

will these fit:

Rays G-Games 77s 18x7.5
offset 42
5x114.3

Spark Silver
with Toyo PROXES T1R 215/35 Tyres

cheers guys
brent

Outlanded

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Brent
Drive
97 Legnum VR-4
ok great.

i might make the guy an offer, found a set secondhand, i realise the tyres are not perfect but would just use them once worn get rid ofthem.

Do you reakon they would clear the brembos brad?

cheers,
brent

Top Bottom