RIP to WTF-70M ...but "spotted" on page 13

Tom

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Tom
Drive
New: 2006 BMW 335i M-Sport | Old: 2000 Galant VR4, MY04 STI WRX, 2009 Audi A4 2.7tdi
This happened at approx 6:30pm on the corner of Epping and Lane Cove Rd, just under the Epping Rd overpass (if you know the area)..

I was turning right on to Lane Cove Rd from the far left lane (3 lanes).. I was at the front of the lights, and it was raining.. If you know the road, it gets pretty shit mid corner, and I think that had something to do with it..

Anyway, it started understeering and 4 wheel sliding, the wheels started spinning as it came on boost and it went even more sideways.. I was pointed directly at a 4WD in the middle lane so I tried to correct it and that's when it gripped and slid the otherway pounding me in to a concrete barrier!

It shattered the window next to me and set off the airbags..

I wasn't even fking hammering it god damn it.. Probably lucky I wasnt or it would have been way worse..

Anyway it'll most definitely be a write off.. Going to the towing lot tomorrow to remove my boost controller and other little bits and see my beloved on it's way :sad::cry:

I don't think I'll be buying another VR4 unless if one like Dimis pops up for a crazy $8500.. I'll most likely put half the insurance money in to my loan to clear most of that and buy something cheap, or I'll completely pay off my loan and work out something else!

Anyway, pics:
smash1.jpg

smash2.jpg

smash3.jpg

smash4.jpg

I'll tell you what, I did a number on that concrete barrier!

TTVR4

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Robert
Drive
99 Galant, black, Sunroof, manual, Recaros
holy shit mate, hope your ok.

SupremeMoFo

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Evan
Drive
MY01 Magna Sports
Ouch, that's horrible, sorry to see it :( I know someone did the same thing on a similar off-camber intersection in Sydney in the wet a while ago - not pushing it - it was a current model Accord V6, damn poorly designed intersections :(

unclepaulie

hellatemplate ;)
Lifetime Member
First Name
Paul
Drive
hairdresser spec lancer coupe
ohhhh dude!!!!!!! ur ok i guess since your posting in here, this was always my favourite galant (white manual facelift)

man thats sh!thouse, another vr4 laid to rest, and all hav been normal accidents, not driver's being hektik behind the wheel.

could buy dawso's white leggy?

u gonna buy it back if they offer you a good price? or will it be sold off at auctions? (first dibs on dash, recaros and dump's, thats cold i know but u gotta be quick round here)

ygoslo

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Tim
Drive
91 Silvia, 97 Galant
The F**K? Not good.

If you buy it back send me a PM. I'm not going to start whoring parts off you now, but yeah, if you buy it back PM me dude.

pu-11-me

and put an LSD in it
First Name
Dawso
Drive
VW Touareg
Oh dude.... That car has a magnetic attraction to things that damage it

I'm devastated :(

Kitty's VR4

1 AYC Bar
Lifetime Member
First Name
Kat
Drive
Legnum, Audi RS6
Oh Tom......NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

I hope your OK, makes me cry to see your baby like that

SUX big time......

Mortz

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Luke M
Drive
1997 Legnum VR4
Thats f**ked up mate, really feeling for you. Was a bloody nice car too...but you aren't hurt and thats the main thing.

OVR444

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Brett
Drive
2004 Mirage
................. wow.... mate, hope you are ok. All the best with everything; I know from experience how hard/depressing it can be.

king_panther

Gettin' tanked
First Name
Brad
Drive
2012 VW Caddy 1.6TDI 7-Speed DSG. Still crappy DSG.....
Well at least you made the calendar shot Tom, so it could be enshrined forever in people's garages.

Shit to just read about it dude, but at least you're ok & all the girlies still love ya.

May I play the stern mother though & politely ask roughly what speed were you doing dude? I have gone around that very corner, from that very lane millions of times when I had my white Legnum (I was working in Talavera Rd) in the shittiest of conditions & never once did I come close to losing it?
(I'm not trying to say you're at fault, just wondering what the speed was in order to lose traction so severely).

Unless the Galants aren't as evenly distributed in the weight game ?

What will happen to the plate?

G

Unregistered
WTF OMG TOM!

Far out dude, I'm feeling for you here! Lucky you personally got out OK though, from the pics it must have one scary smash and could have been much worse had things gone differently. Crappy weather!

snickells

Leaving Skid Marks
Lifetime Member
First Name
Anon
Drive
Car
...at least you know the airbags work? (sorry)

Yea, tuff luck Tom, not the way you want to spend an afternoon picking up the busted bits of your car.

Oh well, You know you'll want another one soon :D

G

Unregistered
Tom, I am so sorry to hear mate, looked like a really bad hit. Important thing is your ok!

junior

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Gary
Drive
2000 Type S Legnum
As I said in another post, cars can be fixed easily people cant. I spent 27yrs in the police force here in Canberra and saw my fair share of people who's number was up. Glad to hear you are okay.

P.S. I wil second what ygoslo said if thats okay.

If you buy it back send me a PM. I'm not going to start whoring parts off you now, but yeah, if you buy it back PM me dude.

BuzzPuppy

OZVR4 Ambassador
Lifetime Member
First Name
Gavin
Drive
レグナム Super VR-4
Jeebus Tom, can't believe what I'm reading.

Well, glad that you're posting this as opposed to someone else... which speaks bounds that you're ok. Nice work with giving that concrete barrier as good as it gets!

Top Bottom