RIP to WTF-70M ...but "spotted" on page 13

Tom

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Tom
Drive
New: 2006 BMW 335i M-Sport | Old: 2000 Galant VR4, MY04 STI WRX, 2009 Audi A4 2.7tdi
The cranks are forged on all cars, the rods and pistons aren't. All of the engine internals are the same on all 8G's

What is the difference with forged and uhh -- not forged?

bradc

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Brad
Drive
Facelift Manual 400hp VR-4 Legnum
Cast = pour molten metal into a cast. That is your newly formed part

Forged = pushing the metal into shape through sheer force

king_panther

Gettin' tanked
First Name
Brad
Drive
2012 VW Caddy 1.6TDI 7-Speed DSG. Still crappy DSG.....
Hey Tom I just looked up the dealer & they're at Argenton & I'm pretty sure I'd go past there to go to my office to pick up some gear from where I'm currently doign a job.

I'd be going in either tomorrow or Monday. I should drop past & 'have a look' & feign ignorance about it lol...

king_panther

Gettin' tanked
First Name
Brad
Drive
In fact, I KNOW I've gone past them before as they're also selling a Legnum & I saw that out the front of the joint when I last went through there.

gorgath

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Irwin
Drive
1997 Legnum RED!!!
I think this is the way saying Happy Birthday TOM! LOL

But yeh, it shouldn't have been resurrected.

Tom

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Tom
Drive
New: 2006 BMW 335i M-Sport | Old: 2000 Galant VR4, MY04 STI WRX, 2009 Audi A4 2.7tdi
Happy Freakin' Birthday, here is your dead ex-car resurrected zombie styles in other mismatched clothing! Sigh!

G

Unregistered
I think you should buy it back Tom.. and drive it off a cliff! It must die!!!

pu-11-me

and put an LSD in it
First Name
Dawso
Drive
VW Touareg
Yeah man, buy it back and crash it some more..... 3 times wasn't enough to kill it :p

G

Unregistered
If you are really lucky, next time it gets resurrected it will have a Droid body kit grafted on.

BuzzPuppy

OZVR4 Ambassador
Lifetime Member
First Name
Gavin
Drive
レグナム Super VR-4
Hmm, make an interesting basis for the "19th Super VR-4 Roanne Red Galant".

Static display purposes only, of course.

king_panther

Gettin' tanked
First Name
Brad
Drive
I went past the dealership today on the way into the office, so I thought I'd stop by & enquire about it.

I acted totally clueless (as I am lol) about the model, but stating that I owned the E39a VR4 & a mate wanted a white VR4 of this model.
He stated it was a series 2, but made no mention that it was repaired with series 1 parts. It does actually look ok, interior-wise you wouldn't know anything was wrong with it. The driver's side door has had the rainguard ripped off, & you can see cracking that's been covered over in the rear licence plate holder thingy. Tom, did your wheels sustain any damage in the accident? As they are spotless.
I enquired about the sheet for the car that states that it has been in an accident & declared written off etc. He came back & showed me the auction where they bought the car, with all the photos showing the damage to Tom's car after the accident. I bit my lip as to the fact that the accident damage shows a front bar with dual foglights, but the car now has only single foglights.

Took some photos before I left & grabbed his business card to act like I was genuinely interested;

Image009.jpg

Image010.jpg

Image004.jpg

Image011.jpg

Image006.jpg

Image005.jpg

Image003.jpg

Image007.jpg

Image000.jpg

Image008.jpg

qball

1 AYC Bar
First Name
David
Drive
1999 White Legnum Type S Cold Spec with Recaros+Sunroof
Nice wood steering wheel

Tom

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Tom
Drive
Oh wow, nice one dude thanks :) the drivers side recaro looks a bit funky on the edge there.. They were kept spotless by me! Sigh! Well I hope the car will be good :)

Top Bottom