BuzzPuppy

OZVR4 Ambassador
Lifetime Member
First Name
Gavin
Drive
レグナム Super VR-4
"WTF-70M" LIVES???

Welcome to the forums Dennis. That's a hell of a find you have there. Thank you :)

Tom

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Tom
Drive
New: 2006 BMW 335i M-Sport | Old: 2000 Galant VR4, MY04 STI WRX, 2009 Audi A4 2.7tdi
I've send an enquiry ^^

Let's find out if they are really dodgy! =)

There are actually no pics of the damaged side...
What'd you enquire about?

BuzzPuppy

OZVR4 Ambassador
Lifetime Member
First Name
Gavin
Drive
レグナム Super VR-4
zombievr4.png

-The ad captured for posterity.

TomTom

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Tom
Drive
Mitsubishi Legnum VR-4 Type S
What'd you enquire about?

I asked if it really is a 2000 model, as I thought this bumper is only on older models... I don't know much about these cars but I like'em hehe

And I asked for a test drive (to look more serious ^^)

All I want to find out if they are honest and say it has an accident history.

mchieff

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Dennis
Drive
Legnum
They pushed this car hard when i was there, talking me out of a black legnum into this one as it has a better engine (forged internals on this model according to the sales dude)
They definately told me about the accident - they showed me pictures of it before the repair.
What they hid was the side impact (which is the bit that counts imo) so they were a bit deceptive about it but definately honest. They even said it was one of the biggest hits they'd ever taken on as a repair.

cyber_scriber

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Bruce
Drive
2000 Galant; metallic dark blue; manual; Recaros; Momo steering wheel; and sunroof!
I'd be very nervous about buying the car, especially if you find yourself in another accident ...

unclepaulie

hellatemplate ;)
Lifetime Member
First Name
Paul
Drive
hairdresser spec lancer coupe
wow, zombie vr4.

id like to see that put on one of those fancy race car alignment machines. measure how square everything is underneath.

you can line panels up easy, straightening out a crooked rail is a little harder.

whats the vin? could be a dodgey rebirth using a old uncomplied galant, just had the interior/talights/skirts/wheels/exhasut swapped

bradc

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Brad
Drive
Facelift Manual 400hp VR-4 Legnum
I'd check it out on the underside as well and see exactly what they've done. Checking the VIN isn't a bad idea either, but I doubt the chassis would have been changed.

Tom

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Tom
Drive
New: 2006 BMW 335i M-Sport | Old: 2000 Galant VR4, MY04 STI WRX, 2009 Audi A4 2.7tdi
I miss that car, but it makes me sadder that it's been dodgied :(

OVR444

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Brett
Drive
2004 Mirage
(forged internals on this model according to the sales dude)

Wow.... what a bargain.... did anyone else know this amazing fact?

Haha.... why would mitsubishi randomly decide to make the block with forged internals. When the standard block on the Series 1 is rock solid as it is. (bar pistions/rods)

I would just love to hear the b/s they will spin to try and sell it. (well more then a usual car salesman.)

TomTom

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Tom
Drive
Mitsubishi Legnum VR-4 Type S
I've got a response:

"Hi Mr xxx

The vehicle had front damage where we used the parts of series 1 Galant to fix it. We can show you the photograph of the car before it was fixed on saturday, so you can see the damage it had."

BuzzPuppy

OZVR4 Ambassador
Lifetime Member
First Name
Gavin
Drive
レグナム Super VR-4
...so I can change my motivational VR4 Zombie poster?

Nice bit of chasing up Tom :) At least they're willing to send the damage photos.

Tom

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Tom
Drive
Sales people will say anything to anyone they think has no idea

dimi_108

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Dimi
Drive
NSX/Magna/M5
Man, it looks shit now.
And considering the past damage, i would not pay $15,000 for that car. I don't care if it's a manual.
They probably bought it for $2000, did a dodgy fix for $5000 and trying to sell it now for $15,00? No chance.

It's sad to see what was once a nice car, repaired with cheap and mismatched parts.

Tom

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Tom
Drive
I know!! It saddens me SO MUCH! :(

At least if it was laid to rest, it was laid to rest in it's former glory.. But now, it's been revived and had old mismatched clothing put back on it and sat there humiliated waiting for somebody to buy it.. sigh..

cyber_scriber

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Bruce
Drive
2000 Galant; metallic dark blue; manual; Recaros; Momo steering wheel; and sunroof!
A Frankenstein VR-4.

It can be done but it doesn't mean it's a good idea ...

bradc

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Brad
Drive
Facelift Manual 400hp VR-4 Legnum
The cranks are forged on all cars, the rods and pistons aren't. All of the engine internals are the same on all 8G's

kiwibstokes

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Bryan
Drive
2000 Legnum Type-S
I'm stunned to see this car live again, i feel sorry for whoever buys it tho because i know it's not going to be in good shape and with a 5yr warranty too? they'll find a way outta that not doubt

Top Bottom