ROBS 6a13tt TWIN GARRETT UPGRADE

Abusive

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Justin
Drive
2000 Legnum
Different horses for different courses. I would take a manual over an auto any day, it wouldn't matter to me if the auto shifts quicker I like the feeling and fun of driving a manual :)

+1 here man, auto's may change quickly by themselves, but that's not to say a manual can't be shifted quickly also.

Madhav

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Madhav
Drive
96 S2 RZ Supra with 500whp
I just saw the dyno pic for the first time on the previous page. Great power :)

One question, what RPM does it actually achieve full boost? I know it's hard because of the auto etc, but I had always wondered when the smaller Garrett's would hit, was very close to installing a pair myself.

Chrisvr4

Crunching Gears
First Name
Chris
Drive
Oldsmobile Alero GLS with a GT40 turbo and a newly edited Galant'98 VR4 Type S manual
Nice, upload some updated pictures of ur project meng!

6A13TT TYPE S

3 AYC Bars
Lifetime Member
First Name
Adam
Drive
1999 Legnum VR4 Type S
also intrested to see when these turbos come onto boost. maby if you could put up a map vs rpm graph of a dyno run that would be much appreciated

TME_Steve

3 AYC Bars
Lifetime Member
First Name
Steve
Drive
2010 nt did pajero tow car / 2000 6spd gc8 wrx tarmac rally car / 2000 Manual Subaru Outback 2.5 just a car
also intrested to see when these turbos come onto boost. maby if you could put up a map vs rpm graph of a dyno run that would be much appreciated

Post number 267 has the dyno graph, the right hand side is the pressure scale and the lower line is MAP, the RPM can be correlated to road speed which is the bottom scale, I'd guess 3rd gear for an auto, you can do the maths for that. That said it's an auto and it looks like it doesn't completely lock up till about 130km/h, problem is our cars don't have the normal OBDII protocols for RPM output (we run through the MUT table) so dyno's can't read actual RPM, you could put a manual correction in the dyno but again it won't deal with torque converter slip anyway. In answer to your question and looking at that graph I'd say something like 4500-5000 before they are at 17-18psi, probably 15psi by a bit under 4000RPM.

SLY-031

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Joel
Drive
VR-4 Legnum
Hey Rob,

Have you installed the new comp covers?

Would some cams with bigger lift and duration help reduce the surge?

Please tell us you cracked 300 :p

CUMSTI

Hesitantly Boosting
First Name
Paul
Drive
2000 Legnum Wagon
Im ready to roll on a turbo upgrade and wondering if everyone is customising manifolds and am i going to have to find an engineer here in sydney town. :)

jet150

Anyone thirsty?
Premium Member
First Name
Rob
Drive
VR4
Yes the new comp covers are in and they haved helped alot. Cams can help to but it gets expensive.

At this point im fixing alot of fuck ups from Creatd Motorsport like injectors, tune, and at the moment I am installing a coil on plug setup using LS2 truck coils. I will have pics of the coil setup soon. The stock ignition basically shits itself after 14psi with the plugs gapped properly. Creatd Motorsport gapped the plugs with tiny gaps to try compensate.

Etuner in Melbourne is helping me fix these issues and he actually knows how to tune a Haltech Platinum ECU unlike some tuners that say they can.

Also got all new alloy pipping and custom airbox made by Race Trans Developments in Campbellfield pics will be up soon.

SLY-031

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Joel
Drive
VR-4 Legnum
Good to hear it is coming together(again!) well.

Sounds like 300 isn't going to be hard to crack with as many fixups/changes as you are making.

Please, keep us posted!

vr4jim

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Jim
Drive
1998 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4
Just reading this thread now, Awesome stuff. You've set the standard!!

Anton_Willows

Hesitantly Boosting
First Name
Tony
Drive
1996 Legnum VR-4
God DAYYUUUMM! why did it take me so long to find this thread.. AWESOME Rob, that's just pure awesomeness! Kudos to you!

SLY-031

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Joel
Drive
VR-4 Legnum
Kilowatts.

At the wheels.

OK so I finally got my car back after sorting out every issue the build gave us.:)

In the end the car makes 287awkw @18psi with an auto trans!

That's about 385hp at the wheels, so depending on what you calculate drivetrain losses at, it's about or just shy of 500hp at the flywheel.

AKKO

2 AYC Bars
Lifetime Member
First Name
Chris
Drive
1998 Galant VR4 Type-V (Facelift)
Plans for E85...?

jet150

Anyone thirsty?
Premium Member
First Name
Rob
Drive
VR4
Yes, as soon as Steve finishs my MAF the engine will be set up for E85.

Top Bottom