ROBS 6a13tt TWIN GARRETT UPGRADE

AKKO

2 AYC Bars
Lifetime Member
First Name
Chris
Drive
1998 Galant VR4 Type-V (Facelift)
Steve (TME?) too busy with the the subaru or are you just hiding the >300awkw monster from us all? :-p

Roy

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Roy Repas
Drive
EC5W 99 and 98 (twin FLs), EC5A 96, E39A 89
So where are we up to with regards to figures.. no updates for a long time and no final dyno sheets..

TME_Steve

3 AYC Bars
Lifetime Member
First Name
Steve
Drive
2010 nt did pajero tow car / 2000 6spd gc8 wrx tarmac rally car / 2000 Manual Subaru Outback 2.5 just a car
The Subaru is the least of my busyness, hopefully this weekend the maf will be sorted, then it will need to be tuned etc

AKKO

2 AYC Bars
Lifetime Member
First Name
Chris
Drive
Good to hear business is good, were excited to see the outcome... Is this a prototype for wider availability in future?

TME_Steve

3 AYC Bars
Lifetime Member
First Name
Steve
Drive
2010 nt did pajero tow car / 2000 6spd gc8 wrx tarmac rally car / 2000 Manual Subaru Outback 2.5 just a car

pixelplay

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Bruce
Drive
Mitsubishi Legnum VR4, Subaru B4 Legacy RS30
When you had your gearbox done did you get a shop to do it or a friend? I was curious about it as its something many of us with auto cars would like to know about and have an idea of what it costs to do this sort of mod to an auto box. Great read by the way and very impressive. I loved the idea of making sure the power is still usable and drive-able as an everyday car.

Dice

1 AYC Bar
Lifetime Member
First Name
DiceR
Drive
Galant VR-4 2xT25bb
Nissan Cube
What injectors did you change to? Was forged internals planned for future proofing or due to some failure? Sounds like you've built a very strong machine!

sam

Idling at the Lights
First Name
sam
Drive
Legnum vr4
Hey Rob, any idea what this upgrade cost when it was all done?

jet150

Anyone thirsty?
Premium Member
First Name
Rob
Drive
VR4
What injectors did you change to? Was forged internals planned for future proofing or due to some failure? Sounds like you've built a very strong machine!
I will be using BOSCH ID injectors. I went forged cos i wanted to see what I can achieve with e85, cams, race ported heads and bigger turbos.

Budget at least $15,000
Brad your way off dude. I know a lot of suppliers, mechanics and people in the industry so what I pay for things are much cheaper. The forged motor im building now hasn't even cost me a third of $15,000.

king_panther

Gettin' tanked
First Name
Brad
Drive
2012 VW Caddy 1.6TDI 7-Speed DSG. Still crappy DSG.....
Cost YOU a third of $15,00 perhaps... but the rest of us who aren't so in bed with industry folks? ;)

AKKO

2 AYC Bars
Lifetime Member
First Name
Chris
Drive
I agree with Brad here, see how much change you get from having a workshop install (supplied) cams into a VR4 for you... :-(

Cost of components isn't the issue, it's all in the labour!

jet150

Anyone thirsty?
Premium Member
First Name
Rob
Drive
VR4
I agree with Brad here, see how much change you get from having a workshop install (supplied) cams into a VR4 for you... :-(

Cost of components isn't the issue, it's all in the labour!

Thats cos doing cams on our engines is a massive laborious job. Removing the engine is probably an easier task. My mechanic quoted me $7-800 to do a cam and valve change.

Anyway my engine should be ready in a months time will update this build then.

trotty

3 AYC Bars
First Name
Daniel Trotman
Drive
2000 vr4 Legnum 5 sp man
2006 Suzuki Swift Sport 5 sp man
Anticipation is killing me. Lol

jet150

Anyone thirsty?
Premium Member
First Name
Rob
Drive
VR4
Ok peps just went past the workshop today, the heads have been ported and had new valve seats cut but are not yet polished The block has been decked, bored, honed and is ready. Pistons and rods have been balanced and blueprinted. Crank has been linished and oversized headstuds have arrived from ARP.

Engine should be assembled soon, I have also fitted a full custom fuel setup from the tank. Other new mods consist of new Magnaflow muffler, 100cpsi cat from the states, new aeroflow trans cooler mounted in the grill and a new Garrett intercooler.

Things are slowly progressing.

Top Bottom