Robs V2.0 Forged Engine Build

jet150

Anyone thirsty?
Premium Member
First Name
Rob
Drive
VR4
Hey guys time flies aye, well over the past year I have hardly touched the car as I have been flat out at work and have been spending all my time at home with my baby daughter. I have done bits and pieces with the car such as get more parts and HPC coat the turbo housing and manifold by JET HOT COATINGS. The boys over at Jet Hot did an amazing job and looked after me with the price and while the turbos were apart they were re balanced before assembly.

My wife is due to give birth to our 2nd in the next few days but as flat out as I am playing dad and working crazy hours THE BUILD MUST GO ON.

I have organised with my mechanics to drop the car and engine off to them at the end of Feb. Once engine, new fuel system and other bits'n pieces are fitted I will be taking the car to FULL FLIGHT ENGINEERING to get new custom exhaust and cooler piping made. Then after that time for a tune.

So basically 1 more month until this build starts its final phase.
@AKKO @jungle

jungle

3 AYC Bars
Lifetime Member
First Name
Simon
Drive
1 PFL & 1 FL Legnum
Understand Rob. I have a 2.6 year old. :LOL: I've pretty much done nothing since he arrived. Only now getting a few things done...very...slowly

Artem

Idling at the Lights
First Name
Artem
Drive
Galant VR4
Hi! I'm from Russia would like to purchase through your forum forged pistons rods Please help me)
The studs and pads would buy

jet150

Anyone thirsty?
Premium Member
First Name
Rob
Drive
VR4
This forum is not a shop Artem.

Try Flatland racing and Prism.

trotty

3 AYC Bars
First Name
Daniel Trotman
Drive
2000 vr4 Legnum 5 sp man
2006 Suzuki Swift Sport 5 sp man
Hi! I'm from Russia would like to purchase through your forum forged pistons rods Please help me)

The studs and pads would buy

Wiseco do Pistons and prizm do rods. Search is ur friend.

jet150

Anyone thirsty?
Premium Member
First Name
Rob
Drive
VR4
OMG the last time this thread was updated was june 2016 lol. So WTF is going on? Basically the workshop it was at last fucked me over the car sat on the shop floor for almost 2 years! waiting to get finished then 2 days before xmas the owner tells me he has sold the business. Again WTF! I felt like head butting the C__T but all I wanted was to sort my car out. I had spoken to TMESteve in novermber about bringing my car to him to get finished off but I had to wait til late Jan and I needed to take my car out like just after new years. So I got in contact JPC and they were happy to take on the job (2 thumbs up). I took my car and bits over there first thing on Jan 9th and the engine and trans should be in by the next 2 weeks. Your all probably saying "yeah dicks Rob we've heard that before" but no shit I went past the workshop a few days ago and they have been working on it. Engine and trans fully assembled and ready to drop in.

I have also spoken to the fabricator at Full Flight Engineering and he is waiting and ready for the car ( new exhaust and cooler piping)

So after a shit load of waiting the car is finally getting worked on.

Pics and updates soon.

jet150

Anyone thirsty?
Premium Member
First Name
Rob
Drive
VR4
LOL here I am again, what happened now? Well the project came to a halt again as last year me and the now X wife split. So since mid last year I pretty much had to re organise my life but everything is all good now. The car and I are in a new house with a new woman by my side and my new life is excellent. At the moment I am busy doing a few things to the house but will be working on the car in a few months time.

Shit happens aye but life goes on.

jungle

3 AYC Bars
Lifetime Member
First Name
Simon
Drive
1 PFL & 1 FL Legnum
Sorry to hear Rob, then happy with the new outcome!
Hope it works out.
Be nice to get your car up and running, it's been some time!

VR-04-TT

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Paul
Drive
2005 Liberty 3.0R Spec B
I've been following this with great interest (and respect). I'm really looking forward to seeing the end results.

Keep up the great work!

jet150

Anyone thirsty?
Premium Member
First Name
Rob
Drive
VR4
Here are some pics of the new exhaust. 100 cell cat from the states was used and a Magnaflow muffler was chopped in. the pipe from the cat to the muffler is the Fujitsubo as there was no need to change it. It's stainless steel and was in great condition

IMG_20190323_133529[1].jpg
IMG_20190323_143449[1].jpg
IMG_20190323_143454[1].jpg
MVIMG_20190323_163119[1].jpg
MVIMG_20190323_163129[1].jpg

Top Bottom