Roof Bars

Caveman

Crunching Gears
First Name
Paul
Drive
2000 Galant VR4 Type V
I have a questions for all you Legnum experts out there.

Can you fit the roof bars to a Legnum that doesn't have them, or or they only fitted from factory.??

If the car doesn't have roof bars, can you fit normal roof racks instead.

I need to be able to carry my kayak on the car I buy, so I want to know what options I need to look for.

Cheers for your help.

Paul

mallen

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Matt
Drive
2000 Legnum VR4 Type S
Yeah, I'd be interested in the costs to get them as well. Surely you could get them 2nd hand from NZ or even if someone imports a car here that they would like to get rid of...

Otherwise you're looking at around $200-$300 for them new from what I've been told... Mind you I haven't checked many places either...

bradc

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Brad
Drive
Facelift Manual 400hp VR-4 Legnum
they should be importable from kempys, otherwise any generic 3rd party one will be able to bolt into the roof :)

snickells

Leaving Skid Marks
Lifetime Member
First Name
Anon
Drive
Car
Kempys have them and youll be looking at about $250 for second hand ones, including postage.

Brad, any chance you know if there is a template for drilling the holes in the roof to mount them?

bradc

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Brad
Drive
$250 is a very reasonable price including postage, if you want roofracks, I think you would be mad to not get those ones.No idea about a template Steve, other than drilling in the first hole, then just lining up and hoping for the second one :) I might be able to send some pics through of my white legnum which has roof racks, I will be pulling the interior apart on the weekend to get the leather across to the blue legnum, so I might be able to pop the headlining down and take a few pics.

snickells

Leaving Skid Marks
Lifetime Member
First Name
Anon
Drive
Car
Oh please! And if you could measure the spacings I would even consider sleeping with you :p

bogan bob

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Dion
Drive
'15 Amarok
AH yes, id be interested to see if you need to drill any holes or not too. Normally they just clip into the side of the roof in one way or another, if i have to drill ill forget about them i think

snickells

Leaving Skid Marks
Lifetime Member
First Name
Anon
Drive
Car
HAHA, ok, I promise NOT to try and sleep with you then.

Dion, Mate you do need to drill holes, thats why I'm looking for a template.

G

Unregistered
$250 is just for the side rails right ?
Then u still need to get the cross bars right ?

bradc

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Brad
Drive
the legnum ones don't come with cross bars at all, so you would have to find a generic fit setup.

Peter_D

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Pete
Drive
Cab Colt & Evo 6
How much weight can the Roof Racks/Bars take. Has anyone fitted one of those Roof Rino thingy successfully??

Hotwire

1 AYC Bar
Premium Member
First Name
Lee
Drive
97 COTY
hrmmm, I was wondering about removing mine, but certainly NOT keen on having to repaint the whole roof... guess they are staying.. unless someone in SA wants to Pay for my roof to be filled/resprayed? then you can have em! :)

Sydo

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Andy
Drive
Me Crazy
I would be looking at an aftermarket, removable setup.

If $250 get you the genuine roof racks - you'll still need to spend another $200 or so to the cross bars!!

You're much better off going straight for the aftermarket cross bars. :)

SiliconAngel

1 AYC Bar
First Name
SA, Trevor
Drive
'99 Legnum VR4 Black MT
I was lucky enough to get cross bars with my car - they look factory they match up so well. I'll take a look to see if they have any branding on them.

Peter_D

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Pete
Drive
Cab Colt & Evo 6
I actually meant the Rino Luggage Boxes. Not just the roof racks.

cowabunga438

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
marty
Drive
1997 Galant VR4 and a very old cordia turbo
Has anyone put on generic rails, from Australia? Which ones, cost etc?

I did a quick visit to Autobahn and they had no idea.

Top Bottom