SA: 98ron fuel in Adelaide?

G

Unregistered
Are there knock sensors WHAT? Are there knock sensors in a VR4? Are the knock sensors in a VR4 accurate? Not sure I understand the question :(

In fact, I'm CERTAIN I don't! :confused:

Along the lines of the RON thread, are there knock sensors, to detect knocking in a VR4 engine :) Sorry for being a lil obtuse...well a lot lol :D

cheers bradc

SiliconAngel

1 AYC Bar
First Name
SA, Trevor
Drive
'99 Legnum VR4 Black MT
Hahaha of course there's a knock sensor! I don't think there's a computer controlled electronic fuel injected engine that doesn't have one - its an integral component for calculating timing ;)

Its bolted straight into the block at the rear of the engine about a foot below the intake manifold :) Its the thing with the electric wire running out of it ;) Should be the only sensor back there. Pray you never have to replace it - those things are ridiculously expensive, and your car won't run without it :(

G

Unregistered
Yes my question my sound silly, but hey, I drive I a 3rd gen Magna that doesn't have a knocksensor...the earlier 2nd Gens did however. Maybe the Magnas have other means of determining knocking, but its known that you won't get any performance increase out of 98RON compared to 92RON in a 3rd gen as there no altering of timing etc.

So yeah, coming from a car that doesn't have one, I thought I'd just ask the question :)

mallen

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Matt
Drive
2000 Legnum VR4 Type S
Have you noticed a change in fuel economy when using the a/c? I'm getting like 400km normally before the fuel light goes on but with air conditioning on most of the time I'm getting about 320km before the light goes on.

Does this sound about right? Seems like a lot to me...

SLY-031

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Joel
Drive
VR-4 Legnum
I have only driven with the aircon off. Only today started using air con a little. I normally get 400km to roughly 45-50 litres.

Also, 8.5l/100km is doing 588km on 50 litres. :( With a remap of the ecu, a nice filter, maybe FMIC and exhast mods, I hope to get 450km to 50litres consistantly before the light comes on. You guys think that is a big ask?

bradc

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Brad
Drive
Facelift Manual 400hp VR-4 Legnum
I've had 640km out of 55 litres, but I was cruising at 100kmh for virtually the entire tank.

450-500km out of 50 litres is easily possible in a stock car if you do mostly motorway driving.

Top Bottom