[SA] Adelaide cruise

2000VR-4

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Jason
Drive
1988 Magna (Daily) 1975 GC Galant hardtop (W/End car) 1972 GS Galant hardtop, 1973 Galant GTO X-II, 1978 Galant (Scorpion) hardtop
Hi All, Just wondering how many people would be interested in a cruise here in SA??
I was thinking Adelaide cup weekend 2008 (8,9,10 March) as I figure that will be more than enough time for those (including myself) waiting to get their cars and have them sorted, aswell as giving anyone interstate time to make it over. Possable make a weekend of it, IE: either a drive up to clare, some wine "tasting" and a night out, then a cruise back the next day, or through the hills, down through strath. and on to victor for the night?
Just a thought but please post your interest so we can assertain the viability.
Cheers,
Jason

G

Unregistered
For sure.

Getting a full weekend might be a bit hard, but then again I don't think this forum has as many casual workers who work weekends.

I'd definately back a cruise through the Barossa and to a few wineries, including the scoot up and back through the hills through the nice twisties.

gilly

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Simon
Drive
2000 Legnum VR4 Type S
sounds good - since these cars are made for camping, maybe we could camp out one of the nights? Theres some good spots in Mt Crawford, or perhaps if really keen could go to Mambray Creek at the foot of the Flinders Ranges (3 hours from adelaide). Just an idea...otherwise the Barossa for some wine tasting sounds good.

2000VR-4

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Jason
Drive
1988 Magna (Daily) 1975 GC Galant hardtop (W/End car) 1972 GS Galant hardtop, 1973 Galant GTO X-II, 1978 Galant (Scorpion) hardtop
I'm down like a clown :)

LMAO :))
Cheers guys, good to see keen interest.
I hadn't thought of the Barossa, followed by a blast through the twistys to Lobethal and back down the freeway. would make a good alround day.
Keep the ideas coming. :)

bogan bob

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Dion
Drive
'15 Amarok
Id also be keen. With this much warning, work should not be an issue for anyone (book some time off!!!), me included :p

trounced

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Wes
Drive
1997 Mitsubishi Legnum VR4
Im interested we wanted to go over anyway when the car is here, not sure if we can wait that long thou, i want to go see my best mate over there asap after the car arrives i want to leave him for dead in his GT skyline lol

but if we havnt been yet i am very interested in meeting up esspecially if so many are going to go

G

Unregistered
Sounds like a game plan to me, only problem is....
i will be in America by then, Miami to be exact in march,
But never fear the rate im going my car might not be here till next year so ill see ya at the 2009 march meet,
haha.
Least i can turn a negative into a positive

LEG_IT

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Sam
Drive
2000 Legnum Type-S Black Manual
I am keen, but there should be many other meets before then i hope. (All depends on these stupid waitin times, lol) Love to see what some have done to their cars by then. I'm up for anything, but may i suggest a few bbq's in the hills or beach cruises, cos its nice and warm in March.
P.s. I loved the timeline of this cruise, it made me laugh cos i plan at the last minute.

G

Unregistered
hahaha - I should tag along and be the black sheep - some how - in white camouflage - would be a good chance to test the stagea against the TT of the VR4's! :)

That is if I can ever get my car down to SA and registered ;) might be broke for a while!

I was planning to take it to the small car Sunday coming up but doubt I will have it registered and "restored" by then!

LEG_IT

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Sam
Drive
2000 Legnum Type-S Black Manual
Originally written by: ShadowKnyght

hahaha - I should tag along and be the black sheep - some how - in white camouflage - would be a good chance to test the stagea against the TT of the VR4's! :)

That is if I can ever get my car down to SA and registered ;) might be broke for a while!

I was planning to take it to the small car Sunday coming up but doubt I will have it registered and "restored" by then!
It will be a little unfair. You have parts available all over the place for the Stagea. Yours should be well ahead of us in mods if u dont spend all your money on gettin the car here, but would be good to see how they compare up.
P.s. Can't wait to c it in the flesh, a mates mate has an auto,non RS Four. So is interesting to see difference.

G

Unregistered
I can't wait either - but BTW - the leggies are TT with more torque for the same power output with less weight so I think my only chance against one would be against a total stock leggie - as mine has an aftermarket exhaust - the only real performance boosting mod it has...

The BOV, body kit and suspension all really only improve looks handling and sound :)

With the kit this thing has I almost have to get a nice big shiny intercooler... just don't tell my wife it did not come with it from Japan!

2000VR-4

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Jason
Drive
Hi guys,
The response to this it really great, as I said I wanted to give enough notice for interstaters to get the time off work if they are keen, us too. Looks like we have atleast 5 that are in, with more to come. I am sooo excited to see (and be part of ) seeing a sweet line of Galant/Legnums blasting through the hills and wine country.
Keep the confirmation's coming through.
I think we are in for a really cool w/end.
Cheers for the interest,
Jason

SLY-031

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Joel
Drive
VR-4 Legnum
I would be interested in a cruise, probably not a camp or anything though. I haven't been for a decent flog through the hills in quite some time.

2000VR-4

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Jason
Drive
Hey Joel, I think I have seen your 31 around Hancock Rd?? I will have to keep an eye out for the Leggy

2000VR-4

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Jason
Drive
My car doesn't move from the driveway, though I have heard there is a look-alike going around.

So ya dont live on Hancock Rd?

G

Unregistered
bring it! Should be a nice collection of cars by then, will have to take a smaltzy photo of as many tiger shark bonnets we can get lined in a row.

Top Bottom