SA Exhaust shops

J-B

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Jarrad
Drive
EVO VII GSR
I recently went to AAA and I was quoted $900 for a MS Catback with a hiFlow CAT.

Was $1300 for a Stainless Catback with HiFlow CAT.

tails

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Taylor
Drive
'00 Galant
I recently went to AAA and I was quoted $900 for a MS Catback with a hiFlow CAT.

Was $1300 for a Stainless Catback with HiFlow CAT.

How much is a hiflow cat worth? $300?

steveP

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Steve
Drive
VR4 Galant
Yeah an exhaust place will charge you about $300 for a high flow cat. I'm sure if give the place I went to a call today they probably could fit you in.

tails

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Taylor
Drive
'00 Galant
Just spoke to AAA, $650 for ms with a resonator and a Lukey muffler. Anyone have experience with Lukey Race Magnum muffler? That's what he recommended.

I'm leaning towards AAA simply because they're so close and I'll be able to leave the car with them for the day.

steveP

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Steve
Drive
VR4 Galant
What size and does it include a cat? Lukey are pretty reputable.

tails

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Taylor
Drive
'00 Galant
3" and no cat. Which matches with what someone else said about getting a cat included for about 950.

mfbamba

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Misagh
Drive
1997 Legnum
You can buy whatever cat you want for around $150 on ebay. The less cells the more hi flow it is. ie 100 cell cat will flow more than a 200 cell cat.

ttgvr4

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
steve
Drive
02 vr4 galant, 92 vr4, 85 starion
I had Everlast Mufflers do my system in mild steel for $1300 2.5 front pipes, hi flow cat 3 back with resonator and oval chrome muffler, really needs 2 resonators but price and clearance very good:)

tails

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Taylor
Drive
'00 Galant
Booked my car in for next Tuesday to get a 3" MS mandrel bent cat-back, one resonator and a Lukey race muffler at AAA. Will see how it sounds, but by what others are saying it sounds like it'll need another resonator added.

Can't wait!

ttgvr4

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
steve
Drive
02 vr4 galant, 92 vr4, 85 starion
Need 2 or it will drone bad:/ maybe even 2 straight through mufflers, I was even thinking twin 2 1/4 pipes from diff back??

tails

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Taylor
Drive
'00 Galant
Just got back from AAA. He was doing a stainless system on a Forester today and as it takes time to change for the bender to adjust the pressure going from a stainless bend to a mild steel one, they offered me to change to a stainless set up for only an extra 100 bucks. So I'm getting a SS 3" cat back for only $750. So I'm pretty happy with that.

steveP

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Steve
Drive
VR4 Galant
Yeah that's pretty decent. A few of us should look around for a group buy for high flow cats. Exhaust shops charge way too much for them.

tails

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Taylor
Drive
'00 Galant
Picked it up this afternoon. I told Jim (the installer) to make it look OEM as possible. So he got in an oval like tip for it. Welds look good, it's nice and high (probably a smidgen higher than factory). To the sound, it has a nice rumble. Lower than I expected it to be which is a pleasant surprise, not tinny at all. It isn't annoying at the common speeds I travel at (50 and 60). He put quite a long hot dog on it, so that'll help. I'm expecting it to get a little louder once it wears in a bit.

Can definitely feel the difference in the power delivery. Much smoother, it doesn't feel like it dies off so much after 4,500rpm, but it feels less power at 2,500 - 3,500. So it seems to have spread the torque more across the range.

I'll take some photos and maybe a video of the sound tomorrow afternoon and chuck them on my car thread.

Jase

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Jase
Drive
1998 Mitsubish Legnum VR4 - Type S FL
Sounds good Taylor, will be interested in the pictures to get a perspective on how it turned out; possibly in the market now for a new exhaust system :)

Top Bottom