SA Mechanics

Slinz

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Tom
Drive
Grubby Nissan
Mine too haha! Need to organise this bloke for Sunday morning.

Jonson

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Jon
Drive
MY15 X MR
Woops, Tom- replied. Steve, I didn't get one from you!
In my defence, this week has consisted of - TAFE load increasing, Cert IV Automotive, Diploma TAA, my brothers car breaking, moving house, carpet choice and paint choice and painting. Aswell as helping mum move and trying to get my fat ass to the gym.

Poita

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Peter
Drive
Legnum
Whinger :lol:

When you get 5 min if you could put together a list of all the stuff you did on the Vitara that would be great.

I also need to bring the Legnum round sometime and just get you to have a look over the suspension and rubbers etc. Noticed a bit of oil on the shocks when fitting the new rotors and get a slight knock when turning some corners. No rush on this as I this morning I saw a screw in the front tyre so need to get something done about that first :(

J-B

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Jarrad
Drive
EVO VII GSR
Figured this could go here, who do people recommend for getting guards rolled in SA?

Also how much am I looking at for rear guards rolled?

Jonson

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Jon
Drive
MY15 X MR
I've got a qualified panel beater/painter mate who does alot of it, until very recently he wasn't keen on getting back into it. Now his RB powered 180 is nearing completion it seems his fire is re-lit! I'll sms his number

gilly

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Simon
Drive
2000 Legnum VR4 Type S
Can anyone recommend an auto-electrician with Legnum manual conversion experience?
I need to get my speedometer sorted and would prefer someone with experience in this area (my mate who did the conversion couldnt work out how to get the speedometer wired).
Unless any forum members can do the work? (can pay in beer or cash).

I wanted to make a new post for this but it's saying I have insufficient priveleges? I thought Premium Members are simply able to post in the classifieds?

it's.simon

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Simon
Drive
VR-4 Galant Type S
Driven Motorsport in Salisbury have a very good auto electrician.

gilly

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Simon
Drive
2000 Legnum VR4 Type S
Thanks Lee, looks like I better get back on board.
I thought the fee was just for the classifieds section and that was it.
And thanks SImon for the Driven Motorsport recommendation.

BCX

Administrator
First Name
Bill
Drive
2000 Galant Type-V
1997 MK Triton GLS [6G74 conversion]
2019 i30 N-Line
Can anyone recommend an auto-electrician with Legnum manual conversion experience?
I need to get my speedometer sorted and would prefer someone with experience in this area (my mate who did the conversion couldnt work out how to get the speedometer wired).
Unless any forum members can do the work? (can pay in beer or cash).

I wanted to make a new post for this but it's saying I have insufficient priveleges? I thought Premium Members are simply able to post in the classifieds?

sounds like an easy fix. At a guess, you have a late facelift auto that didn't have a speedo sensor? if so, the ECU/TCU generated the speedo signal from one of the other sensors on the auto box. you need a manual speedo sensor, and if you've eliminated the TCU, then feed that signal into the speedo wire.

gilly

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Simon
Drive
2000 Legnum VR4 Type S
sounds like an easy fix. At a guess, you have a late facelift auto that didn't have a speedo sensor? if so, the ECU/TCU generated the speedo signal from one of the other sensors on the auto box. you need a manual speedo sensor, and if you've eliminated the TCU, then feed that signal into the speedo wire.

Correct, Facelift auto. The half cut that I got all the manual bits from was a prefacelift.
So you reckon before I do anything, I need to track down a speedo sensor? I may have hit in my box of parts, unless the prefacelift dont have it?

VR4STHOZ

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
shane
Drive
1999 Legnum Type-S
R&d mechanical,farrow cct seaford.. only because jon is a massive hike from seaford.. prices are good and they have looked after me quite well.

Top Bottom