SA Mechanics

Hotwire

1 AYC Bar
Premium Member
First Name
Lee
Drive
97 COTY
Well after my recent drama's with the Auto Trans (read - it was mc-phucked LOL) I can't recommend Agostino Mitsubishi highly enough.

While I initially went to MV to for the service, and he helped me diagnose the problem, when it came to quoting for the job he was estimating 10-12 hours labour, plus whatever cost to fix what was wrong. I went in search of other options, and ended up speaking to the Agostino Mitsubishi dealership here in the city. I was speaking to the Senior Service Advisor, and he quoted me 7 hours labour for remove and replace, 10L new Genuine Mitsi SPIII trans fluid, new ATF filter and new rear main seal for $910. In the end, I also got their help to remove the Auto from the engine/trans package I bought (as I couldn't get the transfer case off the bastard) and the final bill came in at $929.00

All up Agostino City service was great, and they were very interested in the car. So if you need anything done, I highly recommed these guys, they were very helpful and well priced. I also suggest you speak to Chris Wohmann as he was my main point of contact and now knows about legnums ;)

G

Unregistered
Can Agostino do the AYC as well? Still trying to figure out who should do my initial service...?

G

Unregistered
S&J Automotive at edwardstown can do the AYC. they service wrx's and evo's daily so would be very familiar with the setup...they'll be doing mine when i have the money. they serviced my wrx all the time and highly recommend them.

mallen

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Matt
Drive
2000 Legnum VR4 Type S
You I can second that... They did my Torque Converter and quoted a good price and great service...

Well after my recent drama's with the Auto Trans (read - it was mc-phucked LOL) I can't recommend Agostino Mitsubishi highly enough.

While I initially went to MV to for the service, and he helped me diagnose the problem, when it came to quoting for the job he was estimating 10-12 hours labour, plus whatever cost to fix what was wrong. I went in search of other options, and ended up speaking to the Agostino Mitsubishi dealership here in the city. I was speaking to the Senior Service Advisor, and he quoted me 7 hours labour for remove and replace, 10L new Genuine Mitsi SPIII trans fluid, new ATF filter and new rear main seal for $910. In the end, I also got their help to remove the Auto from the engine/trans package I bought (as I couldn't get the transfer case off the bastard) and the final bill came in at $929.00

All up Agostino City service was great, and they were very interested in the car. So if you need anything done, I highly recommed these guys, they were very helpful and well priced. I also suggest you speak to Chris Wohmann as he was my main point of contact and now knows about legnums ;)

bogan bob

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Dion
Drive
'15 Amarok
Let us know how you go Marc, im keen to get my AYC serviced also.

Ill be pleasantly surprised if they can, i was under the impression the computer that is used to service the AYC in evos wasnt compatible with the system in our cars?

mallen

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Matt
Drive
2000 Legnum VR4 Type S
S&J Automotive at edwardstown can do the AYC. they service wrx's and evo's daily so would be very familiar with the setup...they'll be doing mine when i have the money. they serviced my wrx all the time and highly recommend them.

Sorry to dissapoint you there, I just called them and they said that VR4's aren't their fortay :p

He said that they just like to stick to Rex'es... He even went to the trouble of recommending Morepower and Alltrack Road and Dyno (Spelling?) Anyone heard of Alltrack? Apparently a guy there Rally's Evo's and VR4's....

Either way he didn't want my business....

G

Unregistered
ah ok, i havent spoken to them yet but assumed because they dealt with evo's that the ayc in a legnum would be of a similar process.

did u speak to a guy called sean (owner)?

ive heard of both of the above two business but never used them.

Hotwire

1 AYC Bar
Premium Member
First Name
Lee
Drive
97 COTY
Not so much a mechanic service, but I went to spare parts at Agostino Mitsi in the city to order the Tow Hook Cover and they were great! Looked it up on CAPS, said we dont have it in stock, we'll see if anyone else in Aus does (knew they wouldnt) and then said, Nope, but happy to order it from Japan for you. Asked how much, $53.90 ($49+gst) which is the same price the WA guys were getting from a Non-Dealer.

Anyway guys were really friendly, and happy to help out (just like their service department). I've been very happy with them so far.

G

Unregistered
Just had my car serviced by Les Haldane (inc AYC flush). Les is a top bloke and I highly recommend him. For those that don't know Les was the head mechanic for Ed Ordinski when he was rallying and knows Mitsubishi's backwards. Ph: 08 8262 1930

G

Unregistered
Just had my car serviced by Les Haldane (inc AYC flush). Les is a top bloke and I highly recommend him. For those that don't know Les was the head mechanic for Ed Ordinski when he was rallying and knows Mitsubishi's backwards. Ph: 08 8262 1930

Cool will definately keep that in mind, was it expensive Marc?

G

Unregistered
Nope Les is pretty reasonable I reckon.

Les Haldane Mechanical Repairs
7/ 93 Research Rd Pooraka

G

Unregistered
let us know - what oils/fluids were used?

I used the following:

Mobil 1 10W30 Engine Oil
Redline Lightweight Shockproof Gear Oil (Gearbox)
Mitsubishi AYC Fluid
Other Fluids - Shell

I wasn't too concerned about the oils and went with whatever Les recommended (apart from the gearbox oil, as had very good experiences with this oil in my evo 2 box). Les is happy to use anything you want though...

G

Unregistered
Marc - can you tell us what you paid so we can use it as a comparison?

I'd rather let Les quote to be honest, to give you a guide though - to perform a service and replace ALL fluids he charged 3 hours labour.

mallen

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Matt
Drive
2000 Legnum VR4 Type S
I have him booked in for tomorrow. Judging from his prices he charges around $85 per hour.

He quoted me $170 for 2 hours work, he'll also do a once over and see what needs changing. I pre purchased all the oils as I wanted to use Amsoil. If the plugs need changing and other stuff that obviously will be extra. He says that a AYC change is around $140. Not too bad at all really.

Top Bottom