SA Mechanics

J-B

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Jarrad
Drive
EVO VII GSR
hey just wondering who people are going to use to service there VR4's in adelaide?

A mate at work said i should use Jaustech. Has anyone had any work done there? if you have would you recommend them as a decent mechanic?

gilly

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Simon
Drive
2000 Legnum VR4 Type S
Jaustech seem ok - havent had work done there before but have bought a few things from them. Down the road is Adelaide Jap Imports - they did some work on my gsr with a few things and were quite cheap - so I mightb be taking my legnum there.

Kristian

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Kristian
Drive
Changes daily
I was actually gonna come in and make a new thread about this!

Remember I had mine for four years, and guess where I got it serviced? Ultra Tune at Golden Grove. The best mechanic there owns a Cefiro himself and is very knowledgeable about imports and Galants in particular, and has made the contacts with Mitsu in NZ.

They are HIGHLY recommended, and must surely be the only workshop with experience with our cars in Adelaide.

LEG_IT

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Sam
Drive
2000 Legnum Type-S Black Manual
Hey chef are you talking about lee the one who use to have the green cefiro, or the other dude with the black cefiro. Cos i think if your talking about lee he has gone to the modbury Ultra Tune. He's one of my good mates, helped me go through regency twice. But true about Ultra Tune Golden Grove they are really good and honest, a lot of the guys i know with imports use them as well as Jaustech ( there a lil expensive but do an awesome job on mods, try avoid for servicing just a lil $$$).
Jaustech have converted several of my mates engines:
Rb20DET into a R31 skyline GTS
4AGZE into AE86
IJZGTTE into JZX81 Mark II
1GGTE into Cressida, with custom gearbox.
Also for exhausts they go down the road to Rampage Exhaust, or its called Exhaust Rampage. The guy there does a great exhaust and cheap. He'll do anything you want that can be done.

bogan bob

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Dion
Drive
'15 Amarok
I took mine to Ultratune prospect the other day, mainly cos its near where i have to park most days at the moment. They had a look over it and seemed to think everything is in excellent condition and gave me some pointers for making the stupid bov a bit quieter (short of ripping the bastard out). Ill have a talk to them about servicing it too and see what they say.

G

Unregistered
My brother has a GTiR and he told me about some dude on the GTiROZ forum who visited Jaustech with a Dakar version of the GTiR and didn’t notice for a while that whilst in for service/mods whatever someone there had switched his trick front LSD with a standard unit – not cool. Having said that they have in the past done some nice work for my Bro. No 4wd dyno though and that’s the thing a lot of places are only rwd dyno’s.

Turbo Tune have a 4wd dyno – but I wasn’t all that impressed, I’d rate Boostworks, Tilbrooks (expensive though), Morpowa (also not cheap) just in my experience. RPM tried to rip me off in my old gtr, they used to be good under the old ownership then thye slipped, haven’t been back for a good while so things might have changed.

J-B

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Jarrad
Drive
EVO VII GSR
yeah my mate has had a fair bit of work done at Jaustech, its all really good work but it does cost a bit.

Has any one used Graham West Workshops for an AWD car, ive taken my FWD GSR Galant there to get work done and its always been decent work. They have an AWD dyno too. :D

I've seen a few WRX's, EVO's and skylines there so they must be doing something right.

LEG_IT

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Sam
Drive
2000 Legnum Type-S Black Manual
My brother has a GTiR and he told me about some dude on the GTiROZ forum who visited Jaustech with a Dakar version of the GTiR and didn’t notice for a while that whilst in for service/mods whatever someone there had switched his trick front LSD with a standard unit – not cool. Having said that they have in the past done some nice work for my Bro. No 4wd dyno though and that’s the thing a lot of places are only rwd dyno’s.

Jaustech has changed ownership since then (last 9 months approx), the new owner came from Unley Nissan. He is a top guy, most mechanics haven't canged though. Prices are quite a bit cheaper too, not heaps cheaper but enough.
That does suck though, i would've been pissed if i was him. Did he end up gettin it back or even chase it up???

gilly

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Simon
Drive
2000 Legnum VR4 Type S
Just compiled this list of email addresses if anyone needs it to contact a whole bunch of mechanics in Adelaide's North East at one time.

adeljap@westnet.com.au Adelaide Jap
kylie@compauto.com.au Complete Auto (they comply VR4's)
info@exjap.com.au Exclusive Jap
admin@northeastmits.com.au North East Mitsubishi
ultratunectown@internode.on.net Ultratune Campbelltown
utgg@ecs.com.au Ultratune Golden Grove
prospectut@bigpond.com Ultratune Prospect
email@jaustech.com.au Jaustech
jaustech@bigpond.com Jaustech
morpowa@morpowa.com.au Morpowa
lesthemechanic@hotmail.com Les Haldane
cjsmechanical@servautogroup.com CJs Mechanical

2000VR-4

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Jason
Drive
1988 Magna (Daily) 1975 GC Galant hardtop (W/End car) 1972 GS Galant hardtop, 1973 Galant GTO X-II, 1978 Galant (Scorpion) hardtop
Just compiled this list of email addresses if anyone needs it to contact a whole bunch of mechanics in Adelaide's North East at one time.

adeljap@westnet.com.au Adelaide Jap
kylie@compauto.com.au Complete Auto (they comply VR4's)
info@exjap.com.au Exclusive Jap
admin@northeastmits.com.au North East Mitsubishi
ultratunectown@internode.on.net Ultratune Campbelltown
utgg@ecs.com.au Ultratune Golden Grove
prospectut@bigpond.com Ultratune Prospect
email@jaustech.com.au Jaustech
jaustech@bigpond.com Jaustech
morpowa@morpowa.com.au Morpowa
lesthemechanic@hotmail.com Les Haldane
cjsmechanical@servautogroup.com CJs Mechanical
sinergymotorsports 51 MAIN NORTH ROAD
MEDINDIE GARDENS SA 5081 P: 08 8269 7769 F: 08 8269 7762
http://www.sinergymotorsports.com/ info@sinergymotorsports.com.au

Why do I always get left off the list:banghead:??? We have been doing this for over 10 years now!

2000VR-4

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Jason
Drive
1988 Magna (Daily) 1975 GC Galant hardtop (W/End car) 1972 GS Galant hardtop, 1973 Galant GTO X-II, 1978 Galant (Scorpion) hardtop
Absolutly everything, from finding the right import for customers to service and warrenty work.
We pride ourselves on offering a complete service in house, custom fitting performance parts, wheel and brake upgrades, body kits, service and tune, we can even inspect a car you are thinking of buying aswell as source a car to your specs in Japan.
Don't mean to get the hump about it but I/we are very passionate about cars and love what we do.
Cheers,
Jason

gilly

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Simon
Drive
2000 Legnum VR4 Type S
likewise, i still havent got my first service done yet. Pretty keen to go to someone who has experience with VR4's and is passionate about them.

2000VR-4

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Jason
Drive
Happy to help. Now I gotta convince the boss that OZVR4 member get a discount ;)

MasqUAP

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Dave
Drive
'98 VFR 800 / '92 Ford Laser Turbo / '10 Kia Cerato S
Just thought I'd throw my 2c in. I had my Laser TX3 worked on at Jaustech because they had done a lot of work on Familias and even ran a Familia rally car (same car as the laser) but I got shafted hard by them. Second rate work and exhorbidant rates, I had my gearbox rebuilt there and they only did a half assed job and didn't even replace the synchros I told them to, yet still charged me for.

I strongly recommend avoiding them, as even if they have changed ownership all the mechanics are still the same, and they're far too expensive.

-Dave-

2000VR-4

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Jason
Drive
I am proud to announce that Dion has booked his car in for a service this coming tuesday. I will let him tell ya'all what he thinks afterwards.

gilly

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Simon
Drive
2000 Legnum VR4 Type S
awesome. Ill more than likely be booking mine in with you as well. Just need to save up a bit more cash.

G

Unregistered
I've been taking my car to John Keen down at Southern Hitech & Dyno. He used to work at Turbo Tune with his brother and decided to start his own business. Good bloke and knows his stuff - very thorough, however not sure how much experience he's had with the VR4's.

Top Bottom