[SA] Wreckers open on a Sunday?

gilly

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Simon
Drive
2000 Legnum VR4 Type S
Hey, does anybody know of any wreckers open on a Sunday in Adelaide?
Ive done lots of googling but havent found any. I will just have to call 20+ places and see how I go.
I am looking for Holden Astra parts (right rear power window regulator).
Would rather get it sorted on Sunday rather than take time off work on Monday.

Cheers guys

Jonson

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Jon
Drive
MY15 X MR
That is a very common problem. I would suggest buying a new non genuine regulator from Sprints. If you buy 2nd hand for all you know the reg might only last 2 months, especially if the cables have been sitting around for a bit. Plus usually wreckers dont supply warranty on electrical items...just my opinion.

Interloper

Leaving Skid Marks
Premium Member
First Name
Andrew
Drive
2000 Legnum S Man, NX Paj, CBR1000RRSP2, CRF450
U pull it at Lonsdale should be open from memory?

gilly

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Simon
Drive
2000 Legnum VR4 Type S
thanks Jon for the advice, I will take that on board. How hard are they to install?

I tried Sprint but need to wait till tomorrow because their supplier isnt open.
In any case, I found a website that sells them for $55 and has next day delivery, so looks like I'll have to wait till mid week to have it fixed.

G

Unregistered
I don't know about the Astra's specifically, but usually once you get the lining off they are only about 4 or 5 bolts and the electrical plug. The door should have a big opening which is designed for them to fit through. They are a fairly common thing to die, usually the cables fray or the pulleys break so they aren't much to buy new from the right sources. You might want to have a helper if you need to hold the glass up out of the way when fitting the regulator, but alternatively what I did was to put a sheet of contact over the inside of the window so the tint didn't get scratched.

ECfiveA

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Mathew
Drive
97 Galant VR4
its held on by six pop rivets and is probably the most common part to fail on those cars as the cables normally snap. I could sell you a new one through work and look after you on price, but I won't get anywhere near what they go for second hand, off the top of my head they are $385 retail and I have quoted our account customers $295.

Top Bottom