SCR48 aka Scott // QLD

G

Unregistered
Hey Guys

Im new to this site and will be buy a legnum very soon just wanted to hear a bitta feed back on importing these rig's. My friends dad is an importer and im going through him and wanted to know a few things about importing them

1. How much total does an average liek 97-99 Legnum cost to buy/ full comply it

2. How long do you normally wait from date of purchase to date of driving

3. How much in YEN did you pay for your legnum as im looking at a rough figure of the cost for shipping, compliance etc

Hotwire

1 AYC Bar
Premium Member
First Name
Lee
Drive
97 COTY
Hi Scott,

Welcome to OzVR4. For the questions you asked, surely your friends dad should be able to answer most of them? But as a rough guide, here's my answers:
1) anywhere from $10k to $19k depending on kms, condition and options - what sort of combo are you after?
2) It has varied from as little as 3 months to 12 months in some cases. Generally I would think 3-5 month wait is normal.
3) For a breakdown, again ask your friends dad, or look at J-Spec or Iron Chef imports for some cars currently available to get a guide.

Again, welcome ;)

G

Unregistered
97 - 99 incorporates two models of VR4 ... they go through to 2002.
There is plenty of information on the forums, just use the search ...
As Lee said from 10 - 19,000 is a good guesstimate. depending on leather, manual, sunroof, mmcs ... it comes down to how rare the features your after are. Decide what u want in the car first. I would recommend u go through Iron Chef or J-Spec as they know what to look for in the auctions :)

G

Unregistered
yeah this is just the first time my friends dad has imported a legnum. And i think there it costs more to comply certain vehicles doesnt it???

Hotwire

1 AYC Bar
Premium Member
First Name
Lee
Drive
97 COTY
Best place to ask about cost is the compliance shop you're going to use. have a search on here for the shops people have used, and also the DOTARs site for a listing in your state. Call them to get the best indication of costs.

Top Bottom